Star Trek Discovery - Perpetual Infinity - Spoiler Thread

DisgruntleFairy

Validated User
Sooo....

Well this week was interesting.

Lets go a bit further for spoiler space.

Some more spoiler space

A bit more...

There we go.

So they confirm there is a third party. I'm betting it's Michael. Because the reading should be similar but not the same. Michael is using her mothers Red Angel technology to manipulate events in the past.

Leland is evil.

Also I have some issues with the technology in this episode. Stopping an upload is as simple as disconnecting the transmission device.

Last edited:

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, the Red data won't let itself be deleted. I can sorta buy that. It'll let itself be transmitted, though, When that happens, do they expect the original copy to willingly delete itself? Why? (And if they really wanted to delete it, they could do a restore from backup, although that would mean losing Dr. Burnham.)
My guess at this point is that the 3rd party's the red data. If at some point Control does something that threatens it, it may decide that its best chance of survival is to keep it out of the hands of Control.
I also wasn't happy with the takeover of Leland. That's way more advanced technology than we've seen in Star Trek before.

LibraryLass

Feminazgûl
Banned
Validated User
That's way more advanced technology than we've seen in Star Trek before.
Is it now.

Not that I think Control is the Borg, exactly. Or at least I really hope not.

But I could imagine the partial Sphere data it had from Airiam including information about the early years of the borg. Those nanobots it injected certainly were black and green. And "struggling is pointless" sounds like a certain catchphrase...

La Conductrice

Salut!
Validated User
I was caught off guard by Spock being revealed as Dyslexic. I'm not against it by any means, I just never really considered the idea.

Donan

Validated User
Michael's mon (have we ever gotten her name?) also noted to Georgiou that the suit was locked to DNA, which is further suggestive that Michael could operate it in the future. And as she didn't know about the red signals, it suggests those hgaven't happened yet from her perspective. So either she or someone else will cause them to happen in the future. (Well, her future, it's already happened from the perspective of Discovery's crew. Time travel is confusing!)

Dungeon Miller

Validated User
I was really delighted that they realized that the only place that any solution could work was in the present. Now is really all we have!

LibraryLass

Feminazgûl
Banned
Validated User
Michael's mon (have we ever gotten her name?) also noted to Georgiou that the suit was locked to DNA, which is further suggestive that Michael could operate it in the future. And as she didn't know about the red signals, it suggests those hgaven't happened yet from her perspective. So either she or someone else will cause them to happen in the future. (Well, her future, it's already happened from the perspective of Discovery's crew. Time travel is confusing!)
Gabrielle.
I was caught off guard by Spock being revealed as Dyslexic. I'm not against it by any means, I just never really considered the idea.
It came up a couple weeks ago in the episode with Amanda.

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Sister of Battle
Validated User
Not that I think Control is the Borg, exactly. Or at least I really hope not.
Control’s been taken over by the Borg??!! My God. There’s only one man who can save us now.

*Dials*

*Rings*

8F854A08-E8B9-438E-9574-685894473CC5.jpeg

Chief??

Last edited:

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Sister of Battle
Validated User
That I am the first one to make a Get Smart joke this whole season? I am so disappointed in you OM. Very, very disappointed...

Last edited:
Top Bottom