• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Trek] Further Picard Details

The Red Baron

Because I gotta kill fast and bullets are too slow
Validated User
I REALLY hope they go all in on 'explore the federation as their new technologies and the implications shatter their paradigm and they adapt.' Because they were hinting all through Voyager, and later with Enterprise, that the future of the Federation gets ridiculous. Casual time travel and the like, and now the holography in the immediate future.
I'm not sure if holography will be referenced as directly a result of new tech, to be honest. I almost hope they have a flashback to something that looks like the Enterprise D's bridge with TNG uniforms, but holographic displays a bit further along from Discovery's. It's less Watson vs. Doyle and more direct visual retcon, and I'm fine with that. TNG hasn't aged as badly as TOS, but it's still extremely dated.

Armin

Martian Spamhunter
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Is there any reason that drawer full of Data couldn't actually be a drawer full of Lore? Didn't Data get destroyed but Lore was stored somewhere?

Dave999

Validated User
On the other hand, First Contact showed that Data supported biological grafts, and was getting comfortable with his emotion chip. So there's precedent for just having Brent Spiner wander onto the set, crack a joke, slap Sir Patrick on the back, take another swig of whiskey and then wander off stage. All you need to do is add a voice-over later on saying "Data has adapted well".

Spiner doesn't even need to know they were filming.
If the movies had continued, I always expected him to walk up to Geordi and ask, "Tell me, how do I look?"

Geordi looks at him sideways. "To be honest....terrible."

"Excellent. My aging program is working well, then. It simulates decay in my epidermal layer."

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
The thought occurred to me today. I know they already did it in Nemesis but mysterious girl is probably going to be Picards daughter isn't she?

WistfulD

Validated User
The thought occurred to me today. I know they already did it in Nemesis but mysterious girl is probably going to be Picards daughter isn't she?
Sir Patrick has made some questionable decisions about what projects to attach himself to (The Emoji Movie being the most obvious one), but I'd like to think that he would have passed on this project if that was the script he was offered.

Top Bottom