• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Trek Online] Thread 6: Discovering new worlds and new grinds

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is the ongoing Star Trek Online Discussion.
Here's the previous thread;
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?719393-Star-Trek-Online-Thread-5-The-Voyage-Somewhere-to-the-Left

Copying from previous threads;

This is the ongoing Star Trek Online Discussion Thread for the RPGnet Fleets Vanguard Group Omega(Federation) and The House of V'Go (Klingon). Star Trek Online is a completely Free to Play game produced by Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment.

What are the membership requirements to join one of the STO Fleets?

Be friendly, be a hoopy frood, join the RPGnet chat channel, and ask someone to join. Simple as that?

How do I join the Channel?

Hit "Esc" to open up your options, and click on Chat to open your chat options. From there, you can join a new channel. To talk in the channel, simply type /rpgnet <blah> in the chat window field (It defaults to sticky channels, so it should remember your last chat channel, so after that you can just chat normally.)

I'm in chat and I see talk about wizards and superheroes? What's up with that??

All cryptic games share a global chat server, so the RPGnet chat channel extends across all three of Cryptics current MMOs: Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter Online. It can occasionally be confusing. Personally, I just imagine that Champions and Neverwinter are both just Holodeck programs that our STO captains are playing.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Something that I forgot from last thread. You can buy some ships outright with fleet modules. So, 12 fleet modules should get you 2 fleet ships.

The Gryphon

Validated User
Something that I forgot from last thread. You can buy some ships outright with fleet modules. So, 12 fleet modules should get you 2 fleet ships.
We currently have 8 provisions for ships, so that is 4 FtP characters (not players), assuming none of them have access to the Chimeras (1 module each) nor have any of the ships that have occasionally been giveaways (though one of those we couldn't claim anyway, because our starbase isn't Tier 5 yet). Or that they don't burn them on T5 fleet ships for admiralty cards (they 'only' cost 4 modules). They have given a lot of the T-1 to T-4 C-Store ships out over the years, and they have T5 Fleet versions for 1 module.

What I am saying is that we can probably queue a lot of ship provisions without them gathering too much dust once the Rep changes arrive. =)

I'm a lifetimer with about 40 characters and most of the C-store ships. I could buy 12 ships on every character if there was enough dock space for them all! I actually already have a half dozen modules that have been sitting in my bank for ages because I tend to dabble and switch ships (and characters) a lot.

I don't intend to (I have more than enough ships to marathon Admiralty non-stop if I wanted), but if they follow through on this a lot of players will want to claim their choice of T6 Fleet ships. Not that we have all that many active atm, but you never know, the allure of Discovery might draw some people back. =)

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I can't add any provision jobs until the next two security tasks on the starbase complete. I dumped 100 doffs on the existing one last night, which should help it along. Once it's done, I'll be happy to queue up some starship provisions.

Derek

Validated User
I've barely played STO for ages, but jumped back in just as Age of Discovery was announced and managed to snag a Walker for when I create an Discovery-era Captain. Does anyone know of a site for "canon" ship builds? I'd like to try and keep the weapon load out as close to what's seen on-screen while still being as effective as possible.

Also, is there anything I should know after essentially being away for almost two years?

Aeolusdallas

Validated User
I like the new tutorial and I have to say the DISCO Klingons and their ships look quite nice in game

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I like the new tutorial and I have to say the DISCO Klingons and their ships look quite nice in game
Most of the DSC Klingon ships I can at least... tolerate but does it have those stupid blobby blue things that are supposed to be D-7s?

Aeolusdallas

Validated User
Most of the DSC Klingon ships I can at least... tolerate but does it have those stupid blobby blue things that are supposed to be D-7s?
It has the giant wedge shaped ship that rammed the Europa, The little Bops, The fancy necklace looking one and big Star Destroyer looking battlecruisers. I don't recall any blue blobs

Last edited:

Fusigon

So, How do I go about lobbying for promotion around here? I figure Jagatai@Kottos is far enough up the fleet donation leaderboard for slotting fleet projects. I know that sometimes I find myself with stuff to donate, but with the relevant project slot empty. Sometimes this is entirely my fault, so it'd be nice to be able to replace the project I filled.

Also, I'm finding the current fleet ship project, err, suboptimal, and I'd like to make certain there isn't another copy of that waiting in the que behind it.

Top Bottom