• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Trek Online] Thread 6: Discovering new worlds and new grinds

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, How do I go about lobbying for promotion around here? I figure Jagatai@Kottos is far enough up the fleet donation leaderboard for slotting fleet projects. I know that sometimes I find myself with stuff to donate, but with the relevant project slot empty. Sometimes this is entirely my fault, so it'd be nice to be able to replace the project I filled.

Also, I'm finding the current fleet ship project, err, suboptimal, and I'd like to make certain there isn't another copy of that waiting in the que behind it.
Like Gryphon mentioned upthread, we're low on fleet provisions, and people are going to be getting a lot of fleet modules soon. So, after the current fleet ship project, there's another one. That's probably not enough, but it's a start.
Also, since I don't play every day anymore, I'm promoting you to Commodore, which should let you slot fleet projects.

Fusigon

Like Gryphon mentioned upthread, we're low on fleet provisions, and people are going to be getting a lot of fleet modules soon. So, after the current fleet ship project, there's another one. That's probably not enough, but it's a start.
Also, since I don't play every day anymore, I'm promoting you to Commodore, which should let you slot fleet projects.
Thanks. I'm on board with fleet ship provisions. My annoyance with the project was that it's a giant dilithium sink, and Dil is often a bottleneck for us. So I have replaced the follow on project with the larger Fleet ship provisioning project. The small project was ~130,000 Dil, the large project is ~47,000 Dil plus assorted other stuff. Given that Dil is our bottleneck, the large project will likely fill just as fast, if not faster, than the small.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The anniversary event starts on January 24th, along with the new season ("Mirror of Discovery"). The Omega particles return, and they're giving away a T6 Vulcan scout ship.

Cardiac

Validated User
Hmm - might have to get back into the game once I get my new PC built - I'm starting to get the itch again. How far is the fleet away from maxing out the starbase? Are we still chipping away at it? lol.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I actually haven't been playing lately, so I'm not sure.
Free ships this weekend.
The Caitian Atrox Carrier for the Federation, the Kar’Fi Battle Cruiser for Klingons, and the Ar’Kif Tactical Carrier Warbird Retrofit for Romulans.

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
In happy news (that's sarcasm), I discovered that the new UI revamping of Event projects can easily lead to accidentally cancelling projects more than halfway done. Because the Cancel button is the most visible and easy to find, and has the exact same "Are you sure you want to do this" warning as the "Fill project" button (which is hiden down at the lower right).

I suspect whoever designed that bit is either incompetent or hate the player base.
------------------
Edited because I realized I had enough time to do the whole thing over again on a different character now that they made the initiating episodes independent of progress through story missions. So now my Jem'Hadar character is running around collecting wacky particles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom