• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Trek Online] Thread 6: Discovering new worlds and new grinds

Nelzie

Validated User
Oh hey... It's me.

I founded the Fleet and I'm still setup as Admiral. Is anything wanted? Like some updated fleet uniforms?

I've been finding the nostalgia of the game fun again!

Anyone else thinking that they're going to toss a "Disco" Era Fleet item upon us at some point to allow us to toss billions of Dilithium at the chance to grab some XII Disco Era pew pew Phaser Arrays, Bridge Officers and similar?

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
Oh hey... It's me.

I founded the Fleet and I'm still setup as Admiral. Is anything wanted? Like some updated fleet uniforms?

I've been finding the nostalgia of the game fun again!

Anyone else thinking that they're going to toss a "Disco" Era Fleet item upon us at some point to allow us to toss billions of Dilithium at the chance to grab some XII Disco Era pew pew Phaser Arrays, Bridge Officers and similar?
I believe I saw on reddit that some Disco era reputation has crept onto Tribble, but I can't remember where that info was, and there was little actual detail. But yeah, I totally think they'll put something in similar to K-13 to sell high level Disco stuff to us, too.
Also, started playing again and now trying the Romulan stuff. So far, really enjoying it, although I've only just reached the point of getting my second ship and choosing an allied faction, so we'll see how that continues.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Disco reputation's up, and the fleet project to give us a tier 5 starbase is finally slotted. If you haven't played in a while and have extra fleet marks, dilithium, or ec, donating would be appreciated. (When I joined, we had just hit tier 3, I think, so YAY!)

Nerag

Cat Fragment
Validated User
So I just hit level 30 and god a new galaxy class with standard weapons because nothing I had collected was better.... and I am being utterly annihilated by a single D'Deridex in the Romulan mission path. Any advice?

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You can grab better stuff out of the fleet bank. If not, let me know, and I can craft you something better.
I seem to recall that being a tough battle. All I can recommend is keeping your distance and broadside him.

Edit:
I don't know why this is bold. I was posting from my phone though.

Last edited:

Aeolusdallas

Validated User
You can grab better stuff out of the fleet bank. If not, let me know, and I can craft you something better.
I seem to recall that being a tough battle. All I can recommend is keeping your distance and broadband him.
I think almost everyone hits that wall

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I, uh. I don't remember which mission y'all are talking about, so I don't think I did...

I mean, DeeDees can be a giant pain with their viruses and plasma spam, but there's counters - science or engineering team for the virus (science is better since it clears them entirely instead of just fixing the subsystems), and cannon scatter/beam fire at will/tractor repulsors/ a bunch of other AoE PD stuff for the torpedoes.

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The D'Deridex is a huge jump in difficulty over anything you've fought before then. It doesn't mean you always hit a wall there if you already have a good layout that works for you, but if you're going to have trouble anywhere it's probably there.

Top Bottom