• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Trek Online] Thread 6: Discovering new worlds and new grinds

Sunrunner

Can you take me higher?
Validated User
Anyone have a good reference guide for returning players as to changes, improvements, and getting back into the groove of things?

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think that it depends on how long you've been gone. Here's a few changes I've seen.
Most queues only offer a limited set of marks. The "Random" queue offers everything, I think.
Personal endeavors have good rewards, and has some sort of level up system, giving a choice of bonuses at each level.
Reputations now go to tier 6, which gives a fleet module. I should have 12 fleet modules by this time next week, which should give me a couple of fleet ships. (Which ones I'll get, I have no idea.)

Caernoth

Validated User
tier 6 also gives an account wide discount for that reputation as well i think.
I came back 5 or so months ago, but i had a dedicated goal when i did which was grinding out a crossfield and the second i go the thing i was burnt out and had to take another break :)
all that dilithium spent.
groove wise 2 to 3 reputations at a time is where i felt happy, only having to do a specific mission once every 2 to 3 days for me reduced the feeling of grind. (self leveling ships was a good improvement)

DisgruntleFairy

Validated User
Hey everyone!

I recently downloaded the game and noticed I have a starter romulan account. So any info for a newbie? What should I do?

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There are 3 classes of characters (Tactical, science, and engineering). There are also (roughly) 3 classes of ships (once again tac, sci, eng). Any character can fly any ship. You get a new ship roughly every 10 levels, so feel free to experiment. (Tac ships are fast, and have low hit points. Engineering ships are slow, and have a lot of hp. Sci are in the middle and have some special abilities.)
If you go Romulan, you'll have to pick an ally at level 10 (Fed/Klink), and then after a while you'll be doing their missions from then on. They're sometimes referred to as 1/2 a faction.
Once you hit level 10, you'll unlock Risa. They're having their summer festival and giving away a tier 6 spaceship. The daily's quick and relaxing. I think that you can still get the ship.
Give me your name in game (Include the bit after the @) and I can invite you to our fleet. We have pretty good, although random, gear in our fleet inventory for people to take.
If you decide that you like the game, I suggest that you buy the starter pack, and buy off the exchange limit.

That's all I can think of for now.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Romulans are far and away my favorite faction story, though their level of ongoing support compares to launch-era Klingons.

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
One thing with the Romulans, if you enjoy dressing up, you get different uniform options depending if you go Federation or KDF with them. You'll see the options on the screen where you make your choice, so that's something to consider, maybe.

Aeolusdallas

Validated User
One thing with the Romulans, if you enjoy dressing up, you get different uniform options depending if you go Federation or KDF with them. You'll see the options on the screen where you make your choice, so that's something to consider, maybe.
I just gave mine the TOS outfits lol

Top Bottom