• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Wars] Episode IX News [The Rise of Skywalker]

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
New poster.

Damn. It being on the poster makes for a big point against my theory that Rey’s saber wouldn’t be blue. Other than that- looks cool. Emperor looks weird. Like he’s animated and not live action or something.

Craig Oxbrow

Ah, y'know. This guy.
Validated User
It's a nice poster... but it does sort of look like the Emperor is snorting the background of the lightsaber battle.

Old Toby

Least Known Dog on the Net
Validated User
New poster.

Spoiler alert: The climactic battle ends with Rei force-shoving Kylo Ren into the Upside-Down...

...Whence he will eventually emerge, having travelled far in both space and time... To become DOOM!

Also, Rei is the distant ancestress of both Eleven and Jean Grey...

;)

Old Toby

Last edited:

Qwa'ha Xahn

Validated User
Spoiler alert: The climactic battle ends with Rei force-shoving Kylo Men into the Upside-Down...

...Whence he will eventually emerge, having travelled far in both space and time... To become DOOM!

Also, Rei is the distant ancestress of both Eleven and Jean Grey...

;)

Old Toby
Wow. Adam Driver is not a name I ever considered for a Doom, but now that you mention it...

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
Wow. Adam Driver is not a name I ever considered for a Doom, but now that you mention it...
When you've got to wear a mask for most/all of the film, it comes down to physical presence.

And since Hugo Weaving was already in the MCU...

Yup. I can see it.

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
Damn. Adam Driver would make a perfect Doom. But it probably won't happen because there's too much similarity with Kylo Ren, appearance-wise. Right down to the scarred face.

It occurs to me that Kylo Ren basically is Doom. A self-entitled, over-privileged, narcissistic manchild.

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
According to reports of the footage shown at D23,
Spoiler: Show
we see Rey wearing black robes and wielding a red double-bladed saber.
If I were a betting man, I would put money on that being a vision Kylo sees courtesy of Sheev.

Qwa'ha Xahn

Validated User
According to reports of the footage shown at D23,
we see Rey wearing black robes and wielding a red double-bladed saber.
My thought was that the blue saber wouldn’t be blue, because Luke’s saber in Return of the Jedi was green because of how the blue looked on the desert sky background. With the desert in the first trailer, I figured JJ was going to go for the same thing. Maybe not green, but not the same blue. The way the poster is built around blue and red makes it hard to imagine they’re going to change the color of that specific saber, at least.

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well... it is true enough that they may just have run with the good old "sabers are color coded for your convenience," and blue = Good.

On the other hand, it's not like Abrams hasn't previously put out a Star Wars movie poster that lied like a lying liar. "Finn with saber" technically happened. But it was not the iconic takeaway from TFA where lightsabers are concerned.

Top Bottom