Star Wars Hacks?

Doctor Guilty

Action Cartographer!
Validated User
I've got an incredibly obscure one and maybe still my favourite: There Is No Try. 15 years ago, some folks here on rpg.net bashed out a SW hack from Steve Darlington's awesomely to-the-point Matrix game, There Is No Spoon. The link sends you to the OOC thread on the PbP forum here, which then links to Steve's game and the thread where everyone kit-bashed the thing.

Damn that was fun.
Unfortunately, the link to There Is No Spoon doesn’t seem to work - I got sent to what looked like a domain registration site in Malaysia.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've been gradually building my own D6 system version. Got the races all done, skilsl planned out, droids are in the can … the Jedi stuff is going to be the tricky part.

D4rnell

Validated User
SW5E is comlete Star Wars conversion of DnD5E, with a Player Handbook, Monster Manual and several Expanded content created for races, class archetypes, equipment and more. Spaceship combat is created as an parallel entity alongside the normal class/character progression, so that characters can have competence and something to do both on ground and sitting in the cockpit. It nicely avoids the dilemma of a pilot-focused character having to sit out when the adventure focuses on other things than flying/space combat.

The magic system from DnD5E is remade into Force(casting) and Tech(casting), with the monk existing as an ambiguous or exotic flavour of force users if they wan to be included. Techcasting is the mechanical implementation of jetpacks, wrist rockets and tech abilities, which seems to work well. My impression is that force users are fairly wel balanced against other classes, so running a mixed party of force users and non-force users should be less problematic than in SW WEG.

The list of available feats are completely remade and better balanced against each other than 5E itself, avoiding the normal situation with 5E where there really exist a limited number of good choices. Some of the standard 5E feats have been given a boost so that they are viable choices even for people with minmaxing tendencies.

Bruce Redux

Not flying or biting
Validated User
I don't have links handy for either of these a the moment, but...

Ryan Danks, lead guy for Jadepunk, did a good Fate hack for Star Wars, called something clever like Star Wars Hack. :)

Ben Dutter put out Will of the Cosmos, which adapts the same base system as games like Vow of Honor and Belly of the Beast to the most lightly rechromed Star Wars universe.

Both are quite good.

loconius

Validated User
SW5E is comlete Star Wars conversion of DnD5E, with a Player Handbook, Monster Manual and several Expanded content created for races, class archetypes, equipment and more. Spaceship combat is created as an parallel entity alongside the normal class/character progression, so that characters can have competence and something to do both on ground and sitting in the cockpit. It nicely avoids the dilemma of a pilot-focused character having to sit out when the adventure focuses on other things than flying/space combat.

The magic system from DnD5E is remade into Force(casting) and Tech(casting), with the monk existing as an ambiguous or exotic flavour of force users if they wan to be included. Techcasting is the mechanical implementation of jetpacks, wrist rockets and tech abilities, which seems to work well. My impression is that force users are fairly wel balanced against other classes, so running a mixed party of force users and non-force users should be less problematic than in SW WEG.

The list of available feats are completely remade and better balanced against each other than 5E itself, avoiding the normal situation with 5E where there really exist a limited number of good choices. Some of the standard 5E feats have been given a boost so that they are viable choices even for people with minmaxing tendencies.

Wow that is an impressive piece of work!!!

DisgruntleFairy

Validated User
There is a really extensive and interesting True20 conversion for Star Wars out there. I can't remember the link maybe someone else will have it.

seanairt

Validated User
There is a really extensive and interesting True20 conversion for Star Wars out there. I can't remember the link maybe someone else will have it.
And this ignites the thought in me that there needs to be a Fantasy AGE hack for it, if there already isn't one.

Top Bottom