Star Wars Hacks?

HumAnnoyd

Validated User
We had a Fate Core game that we morphed over to Fate Accelerated after some time. FAE was a near perfect choice for us.

D4rnell

Validated User
I have looked around a bit here and there, even at some of the other official settings, but... I still keep going back to WEG d6 for Star Wars. The only real hack that I would do is change The Force away from being three separate abilities and instead have it be ONE single ability with a number of skills that a Force User can learn, some of which have pre-requisites.
There exist a fanmade 3rd Edition that did just that, with a couple of other changes. IIRC it had an update last time at the end of 2018.

Clark

Ensign 9th Class
Validated User
We had a Fate Core game that we morphed over to Fate Accelerated after some time. FAE was a near perfect choice for us.
I knew FAE was on the right track in development when I used it to run Star Wars, and it just _worked_, out of the box.

Edit: Of course it's far from the only way to do it, and even if you use FAE there's any number of tweaks and extra stuff you can add to reflect in-setting stuff - I wrote Dark Side (ahem I mean Corruption) rules for FAE in Fate Codex (vol 2 issue 2, I think?) - but you don't _need_ them if you're all happy to leave a lot to narrative flourishes.

Last edited:

Clark

Ensign 9th Class
Validated User
ALSO one of my design goals with Tachyon Squadron (a Fate Core game) was "If you can't easily hack this to run a Rogue Squadron campaign I will have failed."

Nelzie

Validated User
There exist a fanmade 3rd Edition that did just that, with a couple of other changes. IIRC it had an update last time at the end of 2018.
HA! That's awesome!

I'll have to see if I can find that, to save myself some time! These ideas just feel more streamlined and clean.

The Fiendish Dr. Samsara

The elegant assassin
Validated User
God groof: I also forgot to mention Clint Nixon's Paladin. Does that still exist? It was great for playing Jedi (not so much designed for anyone else).

Top Bottom