[Star Wars] Has the new KotOR series inspired you?

Old Geezer

Banned
I have not read the KOTOR comic.

I have consigned Dark Horse to the deepest pits of Sith hell since the day that "Fetus Anakin Solo" threw Force Lightning at the Clone Emperor from inside Leia's womb.

Shit. Jar Jar Binks is Shakespeare in comparison to that.

Haven't touched Dark Horse Star Wars since.

Kiero

Retiring User
Validated User
I have not read the KOTOR comic.

I have consigned Dark Horse to the deepest pits of Sith hell since the day that "Fetus Anakin Solo" threw Force Lightning at the Clone Emperor from inside Leia's womb.

Shit. Jar Jar Binks is Shakespeare in comparison to that.

Haven't touched Dark Horse Star Wars since.
Though I do recall you being positive about the KotOR era in the past (via the videogames). There's nothing in the comics that undermines the games, they form the backstory (and even then it's not clear exactly how, yet). If you happen to be in a comic store, just pick up the TPB Commencement and have a browse. You might be pleasantly surprised as I was.

Old Geezer

Banned
Though I do recall you being positive about the KotOR era in the past (via the videogames). There's nothing in the comics that undermines the games, they form the backstory (and even then it's not clear exactly how, yet). If you happen to be in a comic store, just pick up the TPB Commencement and have a browse. You might be pleasantly surprised as I was.

Oh, the KOTOR era is indeed wonderful - you are right, sir. I have enthused about it before.

I just haven't forgiven Dark Horse for the "Jedi Embryo Force Lightning" thing. If the Force Lightning had shot out of Leia's "um, err..." instead of out her (clothed) bellybutton, that at least would have been funny.

PaladinCA

The ONLY way to be sure.
Validated User
Really?

Good Gawd, that is so stupid. Glad I missed it.

:D

Tipsy

Validated User
Oh, the KOTOR era is indeed wonderful - you are right, sir. I have enthused about it before.

I just haven't forgiven Dark Horse for the "Jedi Embryo Force Lightning" thing. If the Force Lightning had shot out of Leia's "um, err..." instead of out her (clothed) bellybutton, that at least would have been funny.
It is a new writer, new artist, and a new vision. The bad old of the early Dark Horse Star Wars comics are gone. Embrace the new...the first TPB will not disappoint you.

Fresh Ninja

Banned
It is a new writer, new artist, and a new vision. The bad old of the early Dark Horse Star Wars comics are gone. Embrace the new...the first TPB will not disappoint you.
Exactly. I don't get why Old Geezer dismisses all the other comics because of one stupid series. It's not like they all share a creative team or anything.

Tipsy

Validated User
Exactly. I don't get why Old Geezer dismisses all the other comics because of one stupid series. It's not like they all share a creative team or anything.
Well I stayed away from Dark Horses Star Wars comics for nearly ten years for the same reason, so I am sympathetic. And even though I get why the ideas of the Tales of the Jedi comics were cool enough to inspire the KOTR video game, I'm super fond of them as comic books.

But the new Knights of the Old Republic TPB was actually one of the best, and most fun, comics I have read in a long time. I expected it to be a guilty pleasure but instead I was impressed enough to recommend it without hesitation to anyone that will listen. Including all of you out there in RPG.net-land.

Corporate Dog

Rebel of the Dictionary
The new KotOR comic is Star Wars (Jedi, Mandalorians, droids, "I have a bad feeling about this.") meets Firefly (regular folk with checkered pasts, trying to evade law enforcement, while engaging in shady enterprises in order to survive) with a hint of Farscape (the characters are actively being hunted by the "Big Bads" of the series, because of the knowledge that one character posesses, and what he may mean to the future of the galaxy).

If that sounds at all appealing, I can't urge people enough to pick it up, because in addition to the interesting premise, the art's been fairly solid, and the writing has been great.

Regards,
Corporate Dog

Top Bottom