• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Wars] Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan pick up a chosen one on Tattooine, only instead of Anakin it's ...

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
Frodo Baggins - Much more content than Anakin to play the good soldier and do what he's told by his bearded mentors, and pretty resistant to using any power he has in aggressive ways. Specifically chosen for his ability to resist corruption. On the other hand, he does end up giving into darkness eventually and needs to be saved by a combination of Sam's loyalty and Gollum's greed--in the face of overwhelming despair, significant trauma, and the promise that dark power can somehow fix it all, Frodo cracked. Which makes me think Palpatine might actually be able to engineer circumstances sufficient to bring Frodo to the dark side, provided he could keep Frodo sufficiently isolated from strong emotional support (which could actually be pretty doable given the council's emotional myopia)
Frodo cracked because it's effectively impossible to deliberately destroy the Ring. He's the candidate best suited here to resisting the Dark Side, because he's also the one guy who could resist the Ring long enough to take it to Mount Doom. Pretty much everyone else listed here would've fallen to the Ring's influence long beforehand. Otherwise, Neo's the only other safe bet on not going Sith Lord. The others all have character traits that fit pretty well into falling to the Dark Side, and which become more of a liability when they lack protagonist plot armor (at least insofar as Anakin also lacked it in these circumstances).

Winterland

Help, help. I am being repressed
Validated User
Does Brian from "Life of Brian" count? He is not really the chosen one, its just a silly misunderstanding, but he goes with it just to nail Natalie Portman.

There are so many similarities, like:

Lives in the desert
Father unknown, lives with his mother

Is it wrong to want to hear Shmi saying: "He is not a Jedi, he is a very naughty boy"

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
Frodo cracked because it's effectively impossible to deliberately destroy the Ring. He's the candidate best suited here to resisting the Dark Side, because he's also the one guy who could resist the Ring long enough to take it to Mount Doom. Pretty much everyone else listed here would've fallen to the Ring's influence long beforehand. Otherwise, Neo's the only other safe bet on not going Sith Lord. The others all have character traits that fit pretty well into falling to the Dark Side, and which become more of a liability when they lack protagonist plot armor (at least insofar as Anakin also lacked it in these circumstances).
I don't think Harry really has any traits that would make him a good candidate to become a sith lord. Certainly not anymore than, say, Luke. Harry's two most consistent traits are his complete fearlessness and his rejection of evil. He's fiercely loyal to his wise bearded mentor, and deeply suspicious of anyone who tries to turn him against his allies, but at the same time he is very willing to minimize his relationships to those close to him for the sake of his responsibilities. If you were to basically make a checklist of traits that would make someone tough to turn into a Sith Lord, Harry would hit most of the items on the list.

tsadkiel

Blue and mean.
Validated User
My personal favorite "Chosen One," Steven Universe:

The plot flies off the rails almost immediately. Assuming Qui-Gon manages to get Steven off the planet at all (Steven has his own magical mentors, who are fiercely devoted and highly unlikely to die for the sake of the plot), the kid is not likely to take to Jedi detachment. He's all about the personal attachments, and tends to create family wherever he goes; he's also genuinely kind, profoundly accepting, nearly incorruptable, and with a strong sense of duty and loyalty.

The most likely outcome is "Steven brings balance to the force by reforming the Jedi Order completely, guiding them to engage positively with the world around them." Slightly less likely is a retread of Return of the Jedi, only instead of Luke looking for the good in his father, Steven is looking for the good in Palpatine.

Valtiel

The most dangerous mistress
Validated User
...Utena Tenjou.

Utena doesn't have Anakin's anger issues, although she's even more fiercely protective of the people she cares about (Anthy - Amidala in this setting, I guess). I think corrupting her to the Dark Side is still on the table. She's better with a sword than Anakin ever was - I'm not sure Dooku is getting off Geonosis alive, particularly since I can see Utena carrying on fighting even when she's down an arm. And there's absolutely no way she'd turn against her beloved like Anakin did, so I think her corruption to the dark side fails at the last possible moment unless Palpatine changes tactics substantially (and starts by corrupting Amidala, using her to pull Utena over to the dark side more proactively).

Also, pink lightsabres, Darth Mikage, and a Death Star that opens up like the petals of a flower before obliterating planets.

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
I don't think Harry really has any traits that would make him a good candidate to become a sith lord. Certainly not anymore than, say, Luke. Harry's two most consistent traits are his complete fearlessness and his rejection of evil. He's fiercely loyal to his wise bearded mentor, and deeply suspicious of anyone who tries to turn him against his allies, but at the same time he is very willing to minimize his relationships to those close to him for the sake of his responsibilities. If you were to basically make a checklist of traits that would make someone tough to turn into a Sith Lord, Harry would hit most of the items on the list.
Harry's problem is his desire for acceptance and dislike for bullying. Palpatine's not Snape, Malfoy, or Voldemort - he's more like Dumbledore and he could take advantage of those traits.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Frodo also has his pacifism to consider. Although I'm sure the Jedi Order would have positions available for people who don't/can't fight, it'd make for an extremely different movie. He'd be a diplomat who probably rarely even left Coruscant, so his relationship with Padme would probably be stronger, but at the same time the Emperor would have more access to him as well.
For some reason, I think Frodo would travel the whole Galaxy far and wide and do a lot of little good by words and deeds that would end up undoing Palpatine, who would never till the end realize the danger because bringing along great changes through doing a little good for many little people is just too far outside of his worldview. Meanwhile, Palpatine is attempting to turn some larger-than-figure life to his side because he believes they're the key.

Also, at the end, Jar Jar tries to take Bilbo's lightsaber, but trips and falls to his doom from one of the highest spires of Coruscant.

Buffy Summers - Buffy, on the other hand, almost certainly would run afoul of the Jedi council, for pretty much the same reasons she and the Watcher Council never saw eye to eye. She doesn't take instruction, and she really doesn't take well to being told that she can't be with someone she loves (in fact, judging her track record, making someone "forbidden to love" in some way is like the first step to ensuring Buffy Summers ends up making out with them at some point). She also has a pretty big dark side and a lot of anger. On the other hand, "corrupt Buffy" was the gameplan for a lot of bad guys who never came close to really pulling it off. Faith would make a helluva Sith Apprentice, but its hard to see Buffy going that route. I think she ends up walking away from it all, Ahsoka style, an enemy of Palpatine but no friend of Yoda.
I think Buffy would come awfully close to falling, with Palpatine believing he's won, only for Buffy to suddenly remember something selfless her friends did for her, and the next thing you know Palpatine is staring in disbelief at the lightsaber stuck in the middle of his chest while Buffy nonchalantly quips something like "Hey look, I think I finally found my Dark Side. It was inside you the whole time."

Her clashes with the Jedi Council would be epic, of course. No doubt about that.

Last edited:

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
Chosen One? I'm sorry, but I MUST.

*SNIP poster*

Now I have an image of Darth Sidious jamming to Black Betty.
"So, we meet again, young Jedi!"
"Yes, Palpatine." (mouth moves for several moments after finishing the sentence) "And now it is time for me to show you that being evil is bad and wrong - badong. I stand for the opposite of that. Gnodab."
(movie ends nonsensically with Mufasa showing up to tell our hero the real villains were the Neimoidians all along, because the Neimoidians are French)

Top Bottom