• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Star Wars Saga Question

izlear

Validated User
Simple really, has it been said if there will be any other supplements to the new edition or is it truly gonna be a one book game? That would be awsome if it will.

I suppose all of the old supplements would be useable though.

Big Willy

burrowing to your heart..
Validated User
Simple really, has it been said if there will be any other supplements to the new edition or is it truly gonna be a one book game? That would be awsome if it will.

I suppose all of the old supplements would be useable though.

D20?

Dr. Halflight

Awaiting June 6th
Through 2007 we have a Force Unleashed Setting Book in November & a new Starships of the Galaxy & Map Tile set in December.

I think old stuff will obviously be compatible, but may require some level of conversion.

grubman

Grubby Smelly Gnome
Validated User
Through 2007 we have a Force Unleashed Setting Book in November & a new Starships of the Galaxy & Map Tile set in December.

I think old stuff will obviously be compatible, but may require some level of conversion.

All I have to add is that I have it on good authority that the Ultimate Alien Anthology will still be usable with little problem...and a saga version of that supplement is (thus) low priority.

P.S. I would have never saw this thread, or been able to give this tidbit of info if this had been on the D20 forum. Just saying.

izlear

Validated User
Thanks I looked for the info but wasn't looking in the right place apparently.

But the book should be complete alone, right?

Ineti

Playing mind games! Woo!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thanks I looked for the info but wasn't looking in the right place apparently.

But the book should be complete alone, right?
Should be, yeah. The revised core rulebook was pretty much complete in itself, if you ask me. All the various supplements that came out were just supplements.

The aliens book is nice to have, but really, I've found that virtually all of the PCs in my groups that I've run have either played humans exclusively, or have had the very occasional odd-ball species.

As I understand it, there will be RCR-->Saga conversion rules made available online, so I doubt all the current supplements will become obsolete. Obsolescent maybe, but not obsolete.

grubman

Grubby Smelly Gnome
Validated User
Saga sounds a bit more complete than previous editions with the inclusion of a Universe Guide. I'm assuming that will give some condensed details of planets and such.

To answer the question...yes, the core book will be all you will need to play (and dice).

BUT, the SW universe is huge and you will probably find yourself wanting a bit more information in some areas, either essential guides, novels, or old D6 or D20 supplements. Of course, you can get a lot of small questions answered simply by asking on forums like this one. :)

grubman

Grubby Smelly Gnome
Validated User
Let me apollogize as I had not noticed there was a D20 forum. Its either new Or I havn't been paying attention for the last few months.
sorry. If it needs to be there Admins please move this.
No, we WANT it here! :)

Nawara

Proud to be an
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Let me apollogize as I had not noticed there was a D20 forum. Its either new Or I havn't been paying attention for the last few months.
sorry. If it needs to be there Admins please move this.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter of the D20-specific forum.

I mean, seriously... hasn't this experiment gone on long enough?

-Jeff

Top Bottom