• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Star Wars Saga Question

grubman

Grubby Smelly Gnome
Validated User
Agreed. While I would like them to update the starships and vehicles (which it appears that they are), I'd like to see them go in some different directions rather than just update stuff.
Actually, I think we might disagree. What I meant is that they need to Re-doo everything from square one, starting with movie sourcebooks. Saying "but all those WEG books are out there" just doesn't cut it anymore for me, I want one consistant line.

But I still love you :)

Ifshnit

Holder of Shadows
Actually, I think we might disagree. What I meant is that they need to Re-doo everything from square one, starting with movie sourcebooks. Saying "but all those WEG books are out there" just doesn't cut it anymore for me, I want one consistant line.
Ok, yeah, I can see that. But I don't see why they couldn't incorporate that stuff while putting out other stuff. We need a KOTOR sourcebook, more adventures, more movie tie-ins, etc. Nothing saying you couldn't fold the Jedi material found in Power of the Jedi into a KOTOR sourcebook, for example.

Love you, too, grubby. :D

It's all good. As long as there's SOMETHING new published.

The Fallen

Still needs suburi
Validated User

I dunno, I prefer they go the route they almost went with the OCR era books, one book for movies 1-3, one for 4-6, one for the EU after Return of the Jedi and one KOTOR/Tales of the Jedi Era book. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Big Willy

burrowing to your heart..
Validated User
I don't know, I always felt like the choice was between staying with the archetype (fighter, archer, mage, healer) and switching to a variant (tank, flyer, monk). A sniper is just a better archer, for example.

That's true...but the difference remains that you must choose...you don't get to weigh options with staying the same base class...I think the base classes as opposed to the prestige classes pretty much always win out.

Elizabeth Brooks

I can kill with my brain

I'd love to see this happen. The WEG books may be out there, but getting ahold of them is not quite as easy as it could be.

....and yeah, I regret selling my books in the past, as much as I needed the money. :(

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
That's true...but the difference remains that you must choose...you don't get to weigh options with staying the same base class...I think the base classes as opposed to the prestige classes pretty much always win out.
I think the big difference is how limited your options are. Each base class has just one prestige class available; you must stick with the base class for the first ten levels, then you choose between staying with the base class for good, or switching to the prestige class and never looking back. That's fine for a wargame where you've got a dozen characters, but somewhat limiting for an RPG.

I think you could adapt it to D&D, mind. Break the classes into five-level chunks, and only let characters change classes every five levels. Work out class entries and exits like in Warhammer.

Kaiju Keiichi

Banned
I'd love to see this happen. The WEG books may be out there, but getting ahold of them is not quite as easy as it could be.

....and yeah, I regret selling my books in the past, as much as I needed the money. :(
I never took you for a Star Wars RPG fan, Di!

I might run an online tabletop or a forum game when it hits.

CB

PaladinCA

The ONLY way to be sure.
Validated User
How are those two things related? LucasArts isn't actually writing the RPG books, and it's Marketing that reviews them.
The answer is that they aren't, unless there is in fact a cordinated marketing release for all things Force Unleashed. :p :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom