• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Star Wars Saga Question

Wizdoc

Right Trigger of Justice
Lucasfilm might want to push for simultaneous launch for all the Force Unleashed products (there's going to be a comic, a novel and toys as well as the sourcebook and the videogame), so Wizards of the Coast may not have a say on the issue.

Dr. Halflight

Awaiting June 6th
How are those two things related? LucasArts isn't actually writing the RPG books, and it's Marketing that reviews them.
Lucas(I don't mean the man himself, I assume there is an umbrella brand that to some degree coordinates stuff) gives the go ahead to when a book is released. If they say, "No, we want it out when the comic, video game, toys, etc come out", WotC has to comply. I HOPE this isn't the case. But...well its not Lucas is known for being unreasonable....oh right.... :p

I really, really hope I'm wrong. But I'm get the feeling that Force Unleased is another Multi-Media event, similar to Shadows of the Empire.

Some things I'm hoping will help get releases for Saga Ed are the possibility of the expansion of the KOTOR franchise & the new Clone Wars Cartoon & Star Wars TV Show. If we're lucky & the core book sells well, I'm sure their releases will generate the possibility of sourcebooks.

Old Geezer

Banned
Lucas(I don't mean the man himself, I assume there is an umbrella brand that to some degree coordinates stuff) gives the go ahead to when a book is released. If they say, "No, we want it out when the comic, video game, toys, etc come out", WotC has to comply.
Um. Based on insider information (sorry I can't be more specific, but people could get in trouble) Lucasarts doesn't work that way. There is a "compliance" group who answers to Marketing, but they don't coordinate with each other, and they don't know each others' products. If ON HIGH says "Coordinate around Episode 3" or "Coordinate around this TV show" it will, but computer games, and especially TTRPGs, are such PATHETICALLY small potatoes that there is no point for them to bother trying to coordinate when there is no GRAND EVENT.

jeremywolf81

Validated User
Have they announced such said same?
They pretty much have actually. I feel there is a really good chance Force Unleashed SB is going to be delayed because they've made a pretty big deal about this "event". I mean the SECR was supposed to come out late last month but was delayed to coincide with the 30th anniversary week.

Top Bottom