• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

StarSector: New version incoming

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
It's been nearly a year and a half since the last update to the indie 'mount-and-blade in space' game StarSector, and the next version is now very close indeed. The developer has been working up release candidates and there are hints (though not promises) that it might go out tomorrow.

As befits 17 months of development this is going to have a lot of changes and neat things, but to me at least the starring attraction is that after years on the upcoming features list the colony-building game elements are finally arriving. You're enabled and more or less expected to go explore the procedural-generated, unsettled fringes of the sector and found your own little empire for fun, profit, and an independent manufacturing base.

This is definitely what I'm hoping to be doing with the weekend!

Matt.Ceb

40 Years of Unknown Pleasures
Validated User
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Starfarer (I refuse to change the name. :p ) patch.

What has been teased in the dev blog has been amazing. And while it will break mods, it will open up possibilities for even more amazing mods later down the line! :)

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
Well, now. I know what I'll be playing tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me know, fellers!

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well hey, it's been years since I played this but I've still got my key. Time to see how lost the new version makes me.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
Ugh, why did my PC have to die last week? It will be a while before I have a computer up and running that is capable of running this as anything other than a slideshow (stupid decade old laptop with no graphics card and heating issue >_> ).

Killer300

Validated User
Well, now. I know what I'll be playing tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me know, fellers!
Seconded.

Been playing, already building up to my first colony, and know which system I want to, at least attempt, to place it.

Killer300

Validated User
Okay, this may be a really stupid question, but, did the ability to buy ships get removed, or gated behind gaining ranks?

I say this because I can't seem to buy ships from anyone, and I'm wondering if it got put into another screen, or it got patched out for some reason.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
Okay, this may be a really stupid question, but, did the ability to buy ships get removed, or gated behind gaining ranks?

I say this because I can't seem to buy ships from anyone, and I'm wondering if it got put into another screen, or it got patched out for some reason.
I don't think the current arrangement is any different from what it was before, but yeah, you're definitely just missing the screen you need. Go shopping and then hit the 'fleet' button on the bottom bar, then switch from sell to buy.

Top Bottom