• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Status of MARS (Savage Worlds Edition)?

Robert Saint John

Paranoimiac
Validated User
Does anyone know what the latest is on the release (hardback) of MARS Savage Worlds Edition from Adamant? I see that one is about to be released by Cubicle 7, but that there's also a version on Lulu. Does anyone know if it's just a distributor/price thing, or if there will be any difference in contents? Just trying to determine if I should buy it now, or if it's just a matter of waiting a few weeks for something that might be cheaper, revised, better, etc. Thanks

Theron

The Best Legionnaire
Validated User
I picked up the Cubicle 7 version at Gen Con. No clue about the Lulu version, but this one's quite nice.

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I agree. The Cubicle 7 version is very nice, indeed. I can't say what the lulu version was like, as Fed Ex failed to deliver my copy back in the spring.

Robert Saint John

Paranoimiac
Validated User
Sorry for the bump, just wanted to see if anyone had anymore concrete info on this release?

I'm not sure if I'm mis-remembering from a few days ago, but now the book doesn't appear to be on Lulu at all. Maybe that's a sign that release is pending?

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
That would be my guess. According to the Cubicle 7 website, it's a September release. I expect it's just a matter of filtering through the distribution chain.

Angus_A

Retired User
Hi,

Mars: Savage Worlds Edition should be hitting stores in the next couple of weeks.

It's in our US warehouse and shipping to distributors.

Best wishes,

Slushie Mandrake

Formerly 'MutieMoe'
Validated User
Finally, this I have been waiting for years, this is as close and best as it gets.

Got a copy from FLGS on monday, after reading though evening came back one day later to buy another copy to give for a friend for purpose of corrupting him in to playing planetary romance genre. Local speculative fiction magazine had recently pretty good article of eroticism and violence of planetary romance genre of books.

Only bad thing I have heard has been local grognard complaining about lack of four arms on green martians. Which is to me pretty trivial, but every FLGS should have grognard that heckles us young amateur thespians about lack of beards on dwarven women in current editions of D&D or on other such topics of importance in preserving the olden ways. It gives feeling of community in same way as I imagine village elders have in simpler times.

My head is exploding with ideas and character consepts, Solomon Kane crossover with puritans in lustful and violent Mars, Holmes & Watson in Mars, feodal Samurais lost in Mars, cowboys in Mars, Hell's Devils bikers of 1960's California riding their hogs in to the red sands, veteran old guard of Napoleon thrown to red planet, October revolution Red Guard on red planet, post war of the worlds British steampunk starship troopers landing in Mars, our own gaming group statted out and thrown in to Mars etc.

Top Bottom