Steam Daily Deals 6: Where "daily" means "whenever we can be arsed to check".

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
That one's supposed to be a pretty good game, right?
That's what I heard, but anyway epic games has been giving away plenty good games (Subnautica, SuperMeatboy, What Remains Of Edith Finch, haven't heard of Axiom Verge or Thimbleweed Park but they look good) so I have a good feeling.

EDIT: um apparently the game isn't out quite yet on Epic Games. Well it'll be sometime today anyway

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That's what I heard, but anyway epic games has been giving away plenty good games (Subnautica, SuperMeatboy, What Remains Of Edith Finch, haven't heard of Axiom Verge or Thimbleweed Park but they look good) so I have a good feeling.

EDIT: um apparently the game isn't out quite yet on Epic Games. Well it'll be sometime today anyway
Seems to be available now but won't install. Trying to install into a "Slime Rancher" folder but doesn't like there being a space. Not sure how to fix it. Any tips?

Huntar

Validated User
Its a sci-fi metroidvania that was extremely well received upon its release.
And that was entirely deserved, as it did a lot of interesting things with both the genre and the medium and was genuinely innovative. Honestly, Epic is throwing some real weight behind trying to get people to adopt them. The only thing they haven't really done yet is arranged for a true Triple-A title to go completely free on there. Put up a modern big-name shooter or something like that, and they'd have basically hit every point they could've reasonably been expected to.

Had I not already owned every one of the games they've released, any one of them would've been a real temptation to hop on over, at least for that.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
I'd be trying to throw some buying their way if I hadn't hit a point of not really being able to buy more games for a bit.

I think Axiom Verge was the first of their freebies that I cared about but didn't already have, which made a milestone for me.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Seems to be available now but won't install. Trying to install into a "Slime Rancher" folder but doesn't like there being a space. Not sure how to fix it. Any tips?
The problem seems to be on Epic Games part tbh, let's wait a day or two and see if there's a fix

Aspeon

Validated User
Chrono.gg is selling casual Diablolike Book of Demons for $15 today. I played through as one of the classes and enjoyed it- found Normal a bit easy, Roguelike difficulty was either impossible if you didn't get defensive/healing items early or a good difficulty if you did.

Top Bottom