• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Steam Daily Deals 6: Where "daily" means "whenever we can be arsed to check".

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
I got Banner Saga 3, Phantom Doctrine, and a bunch of indie titles. Hopefully the indie titles will cheer me up after what I am certain is going to be the harrowing heartbreak of Banner Saga 3.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Time for my semi-yearly purchase of Pinball FX3 tables. Looks like this time it's only the 3rd Williams table pack that includes Theater of Magic.

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I didn't realize I had 23 items on my steam wishlist. I really need to pare that down.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The other game I got was Surviving Mars. I've wanted to try it (despite the mixed reviews), and it finally hit a pricepoint where it didn't hurt.

evilmrhenry

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Epic is giving away Last Day of June:

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
I picked up, but haven't gotten to play yet, the base Sentinels of the Multiverse (because it's down to 99 cents) game, Long Live the Queen, and The Shrouded Isle. I might pick up Night in the Woods before the sale ends. And I was thinking I'd pick up the Telltale Walking Dead games I didn't have (at least the ones that have Clem in them, so New Frontier and Final Chapter, but it looks like everything but Final Chapter has been delisted in their search (though you can still find it with a google search if you log on through a browser) and none of them are available for purchase any longer.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sentinels is good. However, since it follows the boardgame rules exactly, you end up with a lot of situations where things take much longer in the computer version because there are many theoretical choices that you just skip over in the physical game. They've done a good job of letting you skip past those when they come up, but they still come up and some come up a lot.

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
Sentinels is good. However, since it follows the boardgame rules exactly, you end up with a lot of situations where things take much longer in the computer version because there are many theoretical choices that you just skip over in the physical game. They've done a good job of letting you skip past those when they come up, but they still come up and some come up a lot.
Yeah, I played through the tutorial game last night because it's been a long time since I played the card game, and it took a lot longer than I expected. (The other card game I play on the computer is Gloom, and that usually tops out at about half an hour.)

mac40k

Validated User
The few things left on my wishlist are new enough that they still don't meet my self-imposed limit of $20, for which my wallet is thankful.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, I played through the tutorial game last night because it's been a long time since I played the card game, and it took a lot longer than I expected. (The other card game I play on the computer is Gloom, and that usually tops out at about half an hour.)
I didn't know there's a computer version of Gloom. That's interesting.

Yeah, my experience is that Sentinels isn't much faster on the computer than playing it manually, if at all, but not having to manually track all the modifiers and card effects is a huge boon. I don't think I'd play the analogue version manually now that I have it in the computer, but it hasn't replaced playing it multiplayer the way the app did for Through the Ages.

Top Bottom