• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Steam Daily Deals 6: Where "daily" means "whenever we can be arsed to check".

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I probably should not start looking for what stuff is there to get. I already got Valkyria Chronicles 4 because of the discount, and I'm having fun with it, even if the anime stuff is ... well is part of the charm sometimes, but sometimes is a chore ("NEW EPISODE, because why just make ONE VIDEO INTRODUCTION when we can do 8") and sometimes is Jesus Christ with the inmaturity...

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
From Steam sale, I also got Changeling, a dark urban fantasy visual novel game with some romance. :)

Last edited:

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
Hey, do you want to get piles of extra coupons and discounts during this summer sale? There's an in-depth guide, which is also hilarious!

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hey, do you want to get piles of extra coupons and discounts during this summer sale? There's an in-depth guide, which is also hilarious!

I really can't tell if he seriously thinks finding a way to get a $5 off coupon for spending $150 is an exploit and not Valve's intention all along, or if he was just paid to pretend there was a Starbound exploit that let you get free Steam games so they'd sell thousands of copies.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I didn't know there's a computer version of Gloom. That's interesting.
From my perspective it's a very odd choice to make into a video game. All the fun of the game for everybody I know is in telling the stories of what happens. To my groups it's really a bit of group storytelling with a bit of structure.

evilmrhenry

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I really can't tell if he seriously thinks finding a way to get a $5 off coupon for spending $150 is an exploit and not Valve's intention all along, or if he was just paid to pretend there was a Starbound exploit that let you get free Steam games so they'd sell thousands of copies.
I don't think he was entirely serious, though it was nice to get an idea of how this game actually works. That wasn't exactly obvious this time.

As far as I can tell, the "exploit" is that Starbound (I think this was bundled a while back, since I have a copy) lets you generate an arbitrary amount of points at will when combined with a simple mod. (Though there are other ways of generating points that are also pretty good.) This lets you generate your maximum points pretty easily. The problem is that maximum points are the limiter here, not the actual points. (I played and beat Shantae and the Pirate's Curse during the sale, giving me 4.6k points from achievements, out of a max of 5.5k points. I have a few thousand more points from a couple other games.)

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
You can get points easy enough; even easier than modded Starbound is to just open up any game you've gotten a lot of achievements in and leave it idling for 30 minutes; then Steam will let you collect the points for those achievements, which in a heavily played game can easily total 30-40k. As you note, yeah, the maximum points is really the limiter for most people (his maximum in the video indicates he's spent several hundred dollars)

evilmrhenry

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Note that spending your collected points on the $5 discount isn't really a great idea, as it requires a LOT of tokens. This is, however, a good time to really pump up your Steam level, as that's actually affordable, and the only other things you can spend points on are backgrounds and emoticons. (Not that the Steam level does anything important either, but what do you expect for free?)

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Honestly playing the Commander Lilith and fight Sanctuary putting me at my maximum daily since I have 50 something achievement in BL2.
And I'm playing a Game I like.

Top Bottom