• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Steam Daily Deals 6: Where "daily" means "whenever we can be arsed to check".

Capellan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The 2006 Prey made me quite nauseous and anxious at times - nothing to do with the story, it was the environments and their use of vertical space that did it.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
So...

Playing Gearcity has made me, someone who cannot even drive, do a lot of car research. After finding out the specifications behind the original Model T engine, I've started looking up other car engines from the early 20th century because that's actually a good idea in this game. And otherwise sent me down learning about car history but also wondering why I'm playing this because...

Wow this game is hard. And a lot of it is because of just how intense it is on stuff like car engines, transmissions, chassises, and also how difficult business of making money on cars actually is. There is an assisted designer feature to help, but... well, that can feel limiting, and doesn't always give the results wanted.

On top of being a hardcore car manufacturing management game, this feels like one of the hardest simulations I've ever played. I have yet to get to 1910, or I think even 1908. Some of that is because of how terrible cars from 1908 were, but it's also because the stuff this game has you consider is really intense. This game spent 5 years in early access, and you can tell. The guy who made the game I think wants to do a game about making aircraft, and aircraft engines next, and I highly suspect that game will make the average person cry for mercy if it is anywhere near as intense as Gearcity is.

So basically, do you want a hardcore management sim? Do you want a game that will make you appreciate automative history in a way you haven't before? Because this game does all of that.
I never got too far into the timeline in the past between clunkiness and bugs, but I do like Gearcity. However...I don't think it has anything to do with Steam daily deals?

evilmrhenry

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Humble Hooked on Multiplayer Bundle 2019:

Pay $1 or more to unlock!
Think of the Children
INVERSUS Deluxe
Death Squared

Pay $7 or more to also unlock!
Totally Accurate Battlegrounds
Super Animal Royale
Barony

Pay $12 or more to also unlock!
Killing Floor 2 Digital Deluxe Edition
Deathgarden: BLOODHARVEST

Capellan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
IndieGala has My Time At Portia at 50% off for the next eight hours. I think it is still seeing a fair few patches and releases, but I had a lot of fun with the early release version a year or two back. Check it out if you want a building/crafting/questing game where you get to slaughter cute monsters.

evilmrhenry

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Epic is giving away Moonlighter

and This War of Mine

Top Bottom