• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Stellaris Thread II

Bira

Validated User
As others said, Trade Protection protects that much trade value from being affected by piracy. Piracy Suppression is a spaceship stat. Military ships reduce piracy over time when they're in a system, at a rate that corresponds to their piracy suppression stat. Corvettes have the largest individual Piracy Suppression.

If you have a busy trade route whose piracy potentially outstrips your Trade Protection, you can have a military fleet patrol it - it will reduce piracy to a manageable value in each system it passes through. Of course, piracy will begin increasing again as soon as the fleet leaves, but a well-planned patrol route will ensure it stays manageable.

Kovbasa

Validated User
So if I get this right, as piracy grows it will reduce trade value along the route, but I'll always have at least a minimum amount of income from the route due to Trade Protection? But my Piracy Suppression from patrols along the route keep constantly lowering the piracy - without that, after a while piracy will reach the point where pirates spawn and have to be dealt with?

LordofArcana

Validated User
So if I get this right, as piracy grows it will reduce trade value along the route, but I'll always have at least a minimum amount of income from the route due to Trade Protection? But my Piracy Suppression from patrols along the route keep constantly lowering the piracy - without that, after a while piracy will reach the point where pirates spawn and have to be dealt with?
But if the trade protection is greater than the trade value then the pirates will never spawn.

Kovbasa

Validated User
Alos trades routes tend to take bad routes. it pays to check on them and if necessary forbid entering certain systems to reroute them
How do you reroute them? I've noticed that the trade routes often take a different path than my patrols, but haven't found a good way to match them up in that event.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
How do you reroute them? I've noticed that the trade routes often take a different path than my patrols, but haven't found a good way to match them up in that event.
If you open up a system view there's a little button on the bottom left next to the system name. Click it and it will prevent any of your ships from pathing through that system. It will also reroute trade. In the past, it was mostly used for systems with a Leviathan or Marauder or something so you wouldn't reinforce a fleet from the manager and then look to see all the reinforcements trying to move past the Dimensional Horror one at a time and getting eaten.

Top Bottom