• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Stellaris Thread II

Kovbasa

Validated User
If you open up a system view there's a little button on the bottom left next to the system name. Click it and it will prevent any of your ships from pathing through that system. It will also reroute trade. In the past, it was mostly used for systems with a Leviathan or Marauder or something so you wouldn't reinforce a fleet from the manager and then look to see all the reinforcements trying to move past the Dimensional Horror one at a time and getting eaten.
You know, I'd never noticed that button before.

Unfortunately, it only allows me to restrict passage through systems that I don't already control, which doesn't help with my specific issue of trying to control my trade routes, but I'll definitely be using the feature for a few other things. Thanks.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User

Unfortunately, it only allows me to restrict passage through systems that I don't already control, which doesn't help with my specific issue of trying to control my trade routes, but I'll definitely be using the feature for a few other things. Thanks.
It's not quite the same, but you can control to which station a station sends their trade. This has sometimes helped me avoid areas where I don't have enough protection.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User

Oh my bad. I thought that's what you use to move trade routes. My longest game in 2.2.x so far has been with a hive mind so I am not as up to date on the trade stuff.

Skycroft

Space Wizard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There is currently a bug where you get unrest events on colonizing planets, even though there’s nobody on them yet, that is quite annoying. Otherwise, I see some improvement but need to play more to say for sure.

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
There is currently a bug where you get unrest events on colonizing planets, even though there’s nobody on them yet, that is quite annoying. Otherwise, I see some improvement but need to play more to say for sure.
Is this a bug? I actually thought it was an interesting feature, gives some new colonies a bit of personality ("Oh look, this new one is full of xenophobes") and also somewhat addressing how powerful rapid expansion is currently. Now my Materialist/Egalitarian empire has one colony that's unhappy because they want a monarchy. Finally a use for those Deep Space Blacksites.

It even makes sense if you imagine the colonists as groups of people with different ideologies trying to find their own place away from those they disagree with, like the American pilgrims.

Skycroft

Space Wizard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Its a bug. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad idea to have new colony events like that, give them some more character, but these are specifically unrest events. It’s a leftover from an earlier bug where you had unrest warnings on colonizing planets, I think. I assume the game thinks stability is 0 or something.

(Also, if we were evaluating them as a potential feature, I would say they are too random and common right now.)

Vessiel

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, that's a bug that's been fixed in 2.2.6.

Which also fixed my broken Machine Empire- broken in the meaning of it was too good. Economic Crisis ahoy! Actually I didn't notice for a few years because I was occupying literally every system of a neighboring empire while invading their planets, and raking in all of their income. I really would have been better just maintaining a permanent state of war. Somehow I'd never noticed this exploit before. I wonder if I'm overlooking something or it really is that good to keep occupying a completely defeated enemy without ever actually declaring peace.

Top Bottom