Stellaris Thread II

Matsci

Magical Item like these are neat. I collect them.
Validated User
Yeah, that's a bug that's been fixed in 2.2.6.

Which also fixed my broken Machine Empire- broken in the meaning of it was too good. Economic Crisis ahoy! Actually I didn't notice for a few years because I was occupying literally every system of a neighboring empire while invading their planets, and raking in all of their income. I really would have been better just maintaining a permanent state of war. Somehow I'd never noticed this exploit before. I wonder if I'm overlooking something or it really is that good to keep occupying a completely defeated enemy without ever actually declaring peace.
War exhaustion will eventually tick up, and force you into a Status Quo.

Moah

Platypus powaaa!
Validated User
Is this a bug? I actually thought it was an interesting feature, gives some new colonies a bit of personality ("Oh look, this new one is full of xenophobes") and also somewhat addressing how powerful rapid expansion is currently. Now my Materialist/Egalitarian empire has one colony that's unhappy because they want a monarchy. Finally a use for those Deep Space Blacksites.

It even makes sense if you imagine the colonists as groups of people with different ideologies trying to find their own place away from those they disagree with, like the American pilgrims.
Definitely a bug. Such event could be cool, but would be more logical in the early days after the colony is established, not the colony ship flight.

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Definitely a bug. Such event could be cool, but would be more logical in the early days after the colony is established, not the colony ship flight.
It does happen after the colony ship flight, during the period while the colony is first being established and extending a few years afterward.

Last edited:

tsadkiel

Blue and mean.
Validated User
I am now playing the console edition of Stellaris, and I have questions.

I've finally started to get the hang of the rhythm of the game, and my United Nations of Earth playthrough is going really well - I've technically won, since all of the other starfaring civilizations have joined my federation. And I've reached my personal goals - Mars has been terraformed, replicants are full citizens with voting rights, and all the starfaring races can be found in my empire (except the subterranean moose men from Mars; I let a few refugees settle on the surface, but they moved to another empire.) All the remaining habitable planets, upliftable species, and pre-spacefaring civilizations are found in the borders of other empires.

And an endgame crisis started - a planet of hostile synthetics suddenly appeared, declared war on the galaxy, and were beaten back by my mighty fleets - and then nothing. It's been decades. Is that it? Am I done? or will there be more evil robots appearing?

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I am now playing the console edition of Stellaris, and I have questions.

I've finally started to get the hang of the rhythm of the game, and my United Nations of Earth playthrough is going really well - I've technically won, since all of the other starfaring civilizations have joined my federation. And I've reached my personal goals - Mars has been terraformed, replicants are full citizens with voting rights, and all the starfaring races can be found in my empire (except the subterranean moose men from Mars; I let a few refugees settle on the surface, but they moved to another empire.) All the remaining habitable planets, upliftable species, and pre-spacefaring civilizations are found in the borders of other empires.

And an endgame crisis started - a planet of hostile synthetics suddenly appeared, declared war on the galaxy, and were beaten back by my mighty fleets - and then nothing. It's been decades. Is that it? Am I done? or will there be more evil robots appearing?
You are done with the game at this point. In PC there are mods to enable multiple crisis, but I don't think there are mods for the console edition.

Bira

Validated User
Subsequent updates beef up the evil robot crisis quite a bit, but they might take a while to get to the console.

Bob Loblaw

Validated User
I’ve been playing on console as well. Really enjoying it. I have only played an empire long term once. I keep thinking of other things I’d like to try and starting over.

One of my early short term empires was added as an NPC in a later game. They got utterly murdered by another NPC very early in the game. I hope it was just luck of the draw and not some fatal mistake I made in selecting traits or something. It’s not like they had all negative traits with nothing going for them.

Bira

Validated User
It's likely they just had the misfortune to start close to a very aggressive empire, such as a Fanatical Purifier (who is at war with everyone all the time). If you have advanced starts enabled and one of them is such an empire, its neighbors aren't going to last long.

Rainfall

Validated User
Subsequent updates beef up the evil robot crisis quite a bit, but they might take a while to get to the console.
First game, evolved into a cool Zen corporate state at the center of a federation. I wasn't as dominant, spend most of the game at war with the Space Axis. My allies are nice folks but they suck.

The crisis is an awakened ancient Empire who decided to purge the xenos. I HAD the mightiest fleet at 50K power. They have two 80K doom stacks rampaging across the galaxy, with me in their crosshairs. I'm SO screwed.

Top Bottom