• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Stellaris Thread II

Kinghuge

Miniature Giant Space Hamster
Validated User
...huh. I think that finally explains my first encounter with an Endgame Crisis. The Scourge devoured almost my entire core, and a Fallen Empire showed up to fight, and eventually the Scourge just stopped expanding, even though I was hiding out on Paradiya, right next to my home systems. Eventually built a Gateway to let them backdoor the whole thing. They must've been reduced to their defense fleets.
Yeah, the problem I have is that I can beat the individual offense fleets, which are around 110k each, by combining my two main fleets, gives about 160-170k, but i cant touch the defensive fleet around the original spawnworld because its around 260k and theres no way for me to match that. So I'm having to slowly clear out the offence fleets and try anything I can to increase my fleet cap. Unfortunately two of the other three contingnecy planets are basically steamrolling everything around them so im worried that when i finally clear this one out the others will be too entrenched to defeat.

Ferrus Animus

Validated User
Yeah, the problem I have is that I can beat the individual offense fleets, which are around 110k each, by combining my two main fleets, gives about 160-170k, but i cant touch the defensive fleet around the original spawnworld because its around 260k and theres no way for me to match that. So I'm having to slowly clear out the offence fleets and try anything I can to increase my fleet cap. Unfortunately two of the other three contingnecy planets are basically steamrolling everything around them so im worried that when i finally clear this one out the others will be too entrenched to defeat.
The key to fighting a crisis is countering it.
The contingency ships tend toward low hull points and balanced hull and armor. They bring lots of energy weapons, mostly in bigger slots and some point defense.
So the counter is lots of shields and small ships to reduce damage sustained and to either bring a balanced mix of weapons to melt through all layers or trying to go directly for the hull. That way you can fight fleets with significant fleet power disparity.

macd21

Validated User
I haven’t played in a while, but IIRC, the contingency defense fleet doesn’t replace losses after a battle. So if your economy is strong enough, you can just wear them down with suicide attacks. Throw your 170k fleet (with right weapons/shields) at them, then repair and replace your losses, then repeat.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
Ah, so if I want to bump up my naval capacity, I need to spam anchorages?

Seems kind of odd that that specific tech has a cap on it.
No, there is an end-game repeatable society tech called "Fleet Management Procedures" that is infinitely repeatable. If you haven't seen it in a while, it's probably just bad luck, but in general, the game tries to steer towards completing all non-repeatable techs first.

You can see it here on the wiki: https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Society_research. Scroll down til you see Fleet Management Procedures and you can see it has those yellow arrow borders, which means it's an infinitely repeatable tech. But you can also see the weighting "0.01x if researching another repeatable tech." So you are more likely to see it pop up if you research a non-repeatable tech first. Only once you're out of non-repeatable techs do all the end-game repeatables basically start to appear with equal weights.

That said, 20 Naval Capacity isn't that much, even with various multipliers you might have acquired over of the course of the game. Spamming anchorages and repeatable techs are no longer the only way to get naval capacity in 2.2+; you can also build strongholds and fortresses, as each Soldier Job gives +4 naval capacity as well.

Last edited:

Victim

Validated User
The other thing is just to be super rich so you can afford the penalties for going over cap.

Dulahan

Validated User
I hate that I'm currently in a serious state of Paradoxitis with this game.

I want to play it. But the new DLC they announced with the Relics and Relic Worlds sounds so cool I want to wait for that and don't wanna burn out before it comes out!

The struggle is real.

Dewirix

Validated User
Ah, so if I want to bump up my naval capacity, I need to spam anchorages?

Seems kind of odd that that specific tech has a cap on it.
The other option is to build strongholds and upgrade them to fortresses. It’s actually pretty useful to build a few habitats and load them with fortresses as each one supports three soldier pops and these give four naval capacity each.

Goodsport

Adventurer
Validated User
I hate that I'm currently in a serious state of Paradoxitis with this game.

I want to play it. But the new DLC they announced with the Relics and Relic Worlds sounds so cool I want to wait for that and don't wanna burn out before it comes out!

The struggle is real.
I'm currently in the same boat. :(

-G

Top Bottom