• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Stellaris Thread II

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
The other option is to build strongholds and upgrade them to fortresses. It’s actually pretty useful to build a few habitats and load them with fortresses as each one supports three soldier pops and these give four naval capacity each.
Yeah, especially in systems you really, really don't want taken. Like Terminal Egress in the L-Cluster! It's fun to fill that system with fortress habitats.

justified

Skeptical Simian
Validated User
No, there is an end-game repeatable society tech called "Fleet Management Procedures" that is infinitely repeatable. If you haven't seen it in a while, it's probably just bad luck, but in general, the game tries to steer towards completing all non-repeatable techs first.

You can see it here on the wiki: https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Society_research. Scroll down til you see Fleet Management Procedures and you can see it has those yellow arrow borders, which means it's an infinitely repeatable tech. But you can also see the weighting "0.01x if researching another repeatable tech." So you are more likely to see it pop up if you research a non-repeatable tech first. Only once you're out of non-repeatable techs do all the end-game repeatables basically start to appear with equal weights.
I don't think it's infinitely repeating, if I understand the code correctly it's set to repeat only 5 times, like the repeating fleet capacity increase and the repeating starbase capacity increase, but unlike, for instance, the repeating admin cap increase. But I get bored and start a new game before getting to that point, so I've never personally confirmed it.

The worst thing is, I know it just got announced, and might still be like 3 months out!
Based on the timing of their past releases, it's probably about a month out, that's the usual interval after announcement.

Dulahan

Validated User
Based on the timing of their past releases, it's probably about a month out, that's the usual interval after announcement.
That can depend on the game, heck, Hearts of Iron announced their DLC months before it came out.

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
That said, 20 Naval Capacity isn't that much, even with various multipliers you might have acquired over of the course of the game. Spamming anchorages and repeatable techs are no longer the only way to get naval capacity in 2.2+; you can also build strongholds and fortresses, as each Soldier Job gives +4 naval capacity as well.
And each duelist, the warrior culture replacement for the entertainer, gives +2

Ferrus Animus

Validated User
I hate that I'm currently in a serious state of Paradoxitis with this game.

I want to play it. But the new DLC they announced with the Relics and Relic Worlds sounds so cool I want to wait for that and don't wanna burn out before it comes out!

The struggle is real.
For me it's planet management. the current system is just so much micro, and I'll rather wait for a semi-functional system.

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I keep getting "Construction Complete" messages for my planets that aren't actually constructing anything. I started noticing it a bit ago, and have been routinely checking my planets' build queues. The queues will be empty, and yet when the month ticks over, I get a notification that something has been built. Anybody have any idea what's going on here?

Giel M

Cheers!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I keep getting "Construction Complete" messages for my planets that aren't actually constructing anything. I started noticing it a bit ago, and have been routinely checking my planets' build queues. The queues will be empty, and yet when the month ticks over, I get a notification that something has been built. Anybody have any idea what's going on here?
Maybe a megacorp with branch offices on your planets is building stuff?

Afterburner

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Maybe a megacorp with branch offices on your planets is building stuff?
Hmm. Could be. Will have to keep a closer eye on it.

In other news, my Endgame Crisis has finally arrived. It took 60 years after the first possible trigger year, but it finally happened. Weird extradimensional creatures have poured "Unbidden" through some kind of dimensional rift! Mere months after the Jingoistic Reclaimer Awakened Empire subjugated the Holy Order and Enigmatic Observer Fallen Empires. So doesn't look like we'll be able to count on them for any help.

Time to spend some quality time with the Stellaris wiki...

Afterburner

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I like how the AI doesn't seem to distinguish between "You are glorious heroes who just saved my planet from total destruction by the Unbidden!" and "You are meddling interlopers flying your ships through my sovereign space!"

Top Bottom