• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Stellaris Thread II

Harlander

Almost determinedly non-useful
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What's their status in the menu where you can set the rights of individual species in your empire?

Dewirix

Validated User
It's possible that the authoritans put the slaves up for sale before the revolt and they just stayed on the market and sold later.
You can try going to the slave market tab and see if any of the listed pops have a "chancel" instead of a price tag.
That seems to be the case. There were three pops still for sale, so I've cancelled them.

What's their status in the menu where you can set the rights of individual species in your empire?
They're all Full Citizenship.

So now I'm in a position where I can stop dealing in slaves, but I can't free the ones I've currently got.

Last edited:

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That actually happened to me, too. My Federation went to war against some nearby Authoritarians and their vassals, and I got one of their planets, which looked to have been a pre-FTL world they'd invaded and enslaved. I only realized I had slaves on the market the same way you did, when I got notified that one of those enslaved pops had sold. After taking them off the market, it looks like they were all returned to their home planet and freed, but I got a little paranoid about it.

One of us should probably make a bug report on their official forums. At the very least, we should get a notification when we take over another civilization's slave market lots, and ideally if we're non-slave holders, we should get to free them automatically.

Kinghuge

Miniature Giant Space Hamster
Validated User
One thing I noticed the other day about the slave market is that the traders charge you more for slaves if you dont have slavery in your empire, like a 'lets squeeze the dirty abolitionists for more cash' kind of thing, was a nice touch.

Killer300

Validated User
Played the game recently and it is quite good! I still think playing tall is kind of boring, because there isn't quite enough to do, and I suspect the recent story DLC would still push for expansion, but I've begun to appreciate the economy a lot more.

On a side note, holy crap do exterminating robots terrify me now. Even in the A.I.'s hands, they balloon like crazy in size, and their fleet strength is terrifying. Robots do seem to have gotten better, but I clearly underestimated how much better they got.

Ferrus Animus

Validated User
Played the game recently and it is quite good! I still think playing tall is kind of boring, because there isn't quite enough to do, and I suspect the recent story DLC would still push for expansion, but I've begun to appreciate the economy a lot more.
As you need to control the system to explore a dig site, yes, expansion is still a big drive.
The game really lacks things to do if you're not expanding.

On a side note, holy crap do exterminating robots terrify me now. Even in the A.I.'s hands, they balloon like crazy in size, and their fleet strength is terrifying. Robots do seem to have gotten better, but I clearly underestimated how much better they got.
They didn't get better, everyone else got worse. The habitability nerf hits AIs hard and slows them down. It doesn't affect robots and as such exterminators now have weaker neighbors to conquer.
Purifier empires have always been at that weird threshold where they either win early wars and balloon out until they hit hard borders or get torn apart quickly.

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
Purifier empires have always been at that weird threshold where they either win early wars and balloon out until they hit hard borders or get torn apart quickly.
Which makes sense, really - a berserker tends to either win big or lose hard.

Wookiee Wrangler

Validated User
My determined exterminator has seemed like easy mode until half the galaxy declared war simultaneously. Apparantly not even other robots liked me grinding up space racoons for fuel.

crusher bob

Validated User
Sigh. I keep stopping playing the game to find or write a mod to improve some subsection of it.

It turns out to be pretty hard to get ships to stay at range. The 'stay at range' command for the AI doesn't seem to do that. You can get the AI to alternatively charge and flee to maintain a range, but larger ships don't turn that fast, so don't do it that well. Thankfully, there's an 'orbit' command that does the job.

Also, the ship AI only maneuvers in relation to it's target, so you can't tell it to stay at range from all ships.

Have come up with some better ways to implement a 0 pop royal family second species civic, as long as you have it from the start of the game, and only one empire has that civic. You can do a zero pop main species thing, but that breaks non-biological ascension; that's why I was working on a zero pop second species.

Top Bottom