• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Stellaris Thread II

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
I think pops check only once every 10 years to see if they are going to change ethics, and the chance of it happening is less than 5%. It's pretty aggravating, especially for a Spiritualist empire where you have all this stuff to get like +eleventy billion Spiritualist attraction and it doesn't seem to do anything. My last game, I got around this though - I built a Divine Enforcer Colossus and just shot it at all my own planets.

tsadkiel

Blue and mean.
Validated User
Utopia is out for console, which means my incredibly long running game (long past the end-game crisis, most of humanity grew tentacles, the Sun is a black hole and the entire solar system has been terraformed, and the whole galaxy is part of the same federation apart from the Adorable Starfish People) is heating up. The Water Buffalo People have become cyborgs, and there's a race among the various empires to see who can build the first ringworld. Meanwhile, I've built a habitat around Uranus. (Stop it!)

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
Utopia is out for console, which means my incredibly long running game (long past the end-game crisis, most of humanity grew tentacles, the Sun is a black hole and the entire solar system has been terraformed, and the whole galaxy is part of the same federation apart from the Adorable Starfish People) is heating up. The Water Buffalo People have become cyborgs, and there's a race among the various empires to see who can build the first ringworld. Meanwhile, I've built a habitat around Uranus. (Stop it!)
I played one multiplayer game with some friends where I was playing slightly modified UNE, and I got the "submerged gas giant cruiser" event on Uranus. So I got to say over voice chat, "I have just pulled out a cruiser from the gassy depths of Uranus." (Hee hee.)

Kinghuge

Miniature Giant Space Hamster
Validated User
Just looking at a Ringworld I built a long time ago in my ongoing game and holy shit did they change these? Because damn thats one hell of a lot of people you can fit on one of those now. Potentially 48 city districts each with 80 housing = just under 3300 potential pop space and even if you use other district type as well its easy to hit 1000+.

Also i had to research all my mega structure techs again despite being able to build them before.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
Just looking at a Ringworld I built a long time ago in my ongoing game and holy shit did they change these? Because damn thats one hell of a lot of people you can fit on one of those now. Potentially 48 city districts each with 80 housing = just under 3300 potential pop space and even if you use other district type as well its easy to hit 1000+.

Also i had to research all my mega structure techs again despite being able to build them before.
You are only supposed to get 5 districts per ringworld segment now instead of 50, but those new districts are very powerful. If you're playing a game from a previous patch, your ringworlds are bugged right now. They're using the new districts but also using the old district limits, so your ringworlds are super overpowered.

Kinghuge

Miniature Giant Space Hamster
Validated User
ah, that explains it then. *runs off to cancel program of relocating every unemployed pop in the empire to the ringworld segments*

EDIT - is that 5 districts period, or 5 per district type?

Last edited:

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
ah, that explains it then. *runs off to cancel program of relocating every unemployed pop in the empire to the ringworld segments*

EDIT - is that 5 districts period, or 5 per district type?
5 districts period, but you know, they have like 40 or 80 housing each and 40 jobs each.

Top Bottom