Steve Jackson has The Fantasy Trip again! [Kickstarted successfully!]

jsnead

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
Re: Steve Jackson has The Fantasy Trip again!

Advanced Melee, Advanced Wizard, and In the Labyrinth are combined into a single 160-page book.
Will there be any new or changed material in this book, or is it just a reprint of the original 3 books?

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Will there be any new or changed material in this book, or is it just a reprint of the original 3 books?
Steve is making minor tweaks, but the focus is on Steve presenting the game the way he wants it. He has been writing about the game -- especially what changes he has made/is considering -- over here:

http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100

One sample conversation/change is experience points - http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=157849

LuciusAlexander

PalindromedaryRider
Validated User

Definitely. The plan is for 1.5mm chipboard, die-cut counters.
Advanced Melee, Advanced Wizard, and In the Labyrinth are combined into a single 160-page book.
I keep hearing good reasons to want this game.

And I've long considered it one of the best role playing games ever designed.

Lucius Alexander

A palindromedary ate my old copies, though

OMAC 247

Tired of your nonsense
Validated User

This is the only thing I've been truly excited about for ages, with this and a new Runequest it's like having a time machine back to my teenage years, very cool, very happy !

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User

This is a very cool announcement! I will definitely back the Kickstarter. TFT/Melee was my first RPG as a little kid.

Also, I posted a couple of times in the "Interviewing the Fans" threads in the SJ Games TFT forum.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User

I've been wanting to play Wizard with my son since he was 8 and now he's 21, but I'll probably get the little box for him to take to college and the big box for me. I remember playing this every day with the other JROTC cadets and getting my ass kicked every time.

Narmer

Validated User

This is the only thing I've been truly excited about for ages, ...it's like having a time machine back to my teenage years, very cool, very happy!
This sums up my feelings exactly! Exactly, I say!

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

This is a very cool announcement! I will definitely back the Kickstarter. TFT/Melee was my first RPG as a little kid.

Also, I posted a couple of times in the "Interviewing the Fans" threads in the SJ Games TFT forum.
Thanks for participating in those threads! Steve has some fun articles in the works and I’m looking forward to seeing how all of that comes together.

Our hope is that we can create a game for the old-school fans of the game while introducing The Fantasy Trip to a new crowd. Your help with those interview threads will give us some “I was there” excitement to demonstrate the game’s lasting appeal.

Top Bottom