Steve Jackson has The Fantasy Trip again! [Kickstarted successfully!]

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Steve Jackson has The Fantasy Trip again!

Well, I’ll be in. Did we already have a printing/shipping estimate? I received my SJG Triplanetary game last week, which I believe was early. The quality was also very good.
No estimate on shipping at the moment, we're still nailing down our options there and trying to make the package as small as possible.

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Will there be a no-box option? I'm not so much with boxes for RPGs. Unless there will be some awesome functionality to the box. But a box is otherwise just a pretty thing I can't bring anywhere because it's too precious and I don't want to damage it.
We're going to have a PDF option, and the Melee, Wizard boxes, as well as the In The Labyrinth book, will all be available as project add-ons separately, but there are no plans to offer the other parts of the game outside of the box.

Longspeak

I'm a Bard, Dammit!
Validated User

We're going to have a PDF option, and the Melee, Wizard boxes, as well as the In The Labyrinth book, will all be available as project add-ons separately, but there are no plans to offer the other parts of the game outside of the box.
:/

I'm very torn. A box is a throwback I really don't like. But TFT is one of my all time favorites, and probably the game I remember most fondly from my teens.

If this was a kickstarter for a hardcover, I'd pledge the deluxiest deluxe you offered. Twice. But for a box? Well, I'll see what the pdf level has.

DavetheLost

Validated User

I think a practical reason for a box for Melee and Wizard is to keep all the components together. Dice, maps, counters, rulebooks, and possibly seperate megahexes are all part of TFT. I look forward to having boxes to keep it all together.

What I am wondering is if the "all in one" pledge is one big box with the boxed Melee and Wizard games with in it, or a big box with just the Melee and Wizard components plus In the Labyrinth etc of course.

Fruitbat

social justice witch
Validated User

:/

I'm very torn. A box is a throwback I really don't like. But TFT is one of my all time favorites, and probably the game I remember most fondly from my teens.

If this was a kickstarter for a hardcover, I'd pledge the deluxiest deluxe you offered. Twice. But for a box? Well, I'll see what the pdf level has.
Worse than that, a box means "game!" to most customs offices, and that means extra VAT and custom duties for... nothing, really.

Longspeak

I'm a Bard, Dammit!
Validated User

I think a practical reason for a box for Melee and Wizard is to keep all the components together. Dice, maps, counters, rulebooks, and possibly seperate megahexes are all part of TFT. I look forward to having boxes to keep it all together.

What I am wondering is if the "all in one" pledge is one big box with the boxed Melee and Wizard games with in it, or a big box with just the Melee and Wizard components plus In the Labyrinth etc of course.
Actually, I can appreciate the board game aspect. But it's the rpg I care about.

I do recall some fun just making characters on index cards to feed to the mill of our arena. But my fondest memories, the ones which made me excited for this in the first place, was adventuring in Cidri.

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Cidri is an underappreciated setting.

I was running a Godbound campaign for some other members of the mod staff that was intended to function as a prehistory of Cidri. Alas, like all overly grand campaign schemes I've had, it died.

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

The Fantasy Trip Legacy Edition box includes the Melee and Wizard boxes. This means that if you were to lose your Melee box, you could replace it with one of the sold separately boxes and not miss anything.

Does that make it clear?

The Fiendish Dr. Samsara

The elegant assassin
Validated User

Gosh, this is really unexpected. First, Herman and Dee get Villains & Vigilantes back and now this. Add on Greg Stafford putting out a new edition of Prince Valiant and I feel like we have entered some major wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey universe.

In a great way, I mean.

Cidri is an underappreciated setting.
I agree. I really loved that SJ just said, "Yeah, there are Christians and Muslims. Deal with it."

Top Bottom