• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Steven Universe Part 3: Rose Quartz's Free Love Hippy Commune

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
One of the last posts? That was from two and a half years ago. There are 90 posts after that, going up to this past summer.
Yeah that was a mistake on my part. For some reason I stopped following it so for some reason I thought it was gone. My bad.

TaliaKirana

Validated User
I had a random thought about the timeframe for the movie. What if the movie takes place around Steven's fifteenth birthday? We know that's not yet happened in series, and if they want to do more of a timeskip for next season... that's a milestone too big to skip over. So, placing the movie around that time lets them cover that.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
I had a random thought about the timeframe for the movie. What if the movie takes place around Steven's fifteenth birthday? We know that's not yet happened in series, and if they want to do more of a timeskip for next season... that's a milestone too big to skip over. So, placing the movie around that time lets them cover that.
well, if the Lars made it back to earth in time for Beachapalooza, then steven's birthday is indeed coming right up

Sjogre

Validated User
A moment of realization.

The upside down pyramid mural? That's not Rose versus Yellow, or even White.

That's Rose versus Pink. :ROFLMAO:
Huhn. Yeah, it is.

Thinking about it, what was the pyramid built to do? In retrospect, it's obvious that the Crystal Gems took Steven there as a training mission, but why was there a pyramid in the old battlefield, anyway? A pyramid, given the mural, that was probably made by the Crystal Gems. Was it supposed to be memorial of some sort, made after the war? A training ground built during the Rebellion? A vandalized Homeworld structure?

Crinos

Validated User
Honestly, a lot of the structures that exist in the SU world don't make sense now that we have context,

For instance, the Moon Temple. There was never any other indication that the Gems had any sort of religion besides that, and the idol they had was clearly meant to be White Diamond. (Also, what the Hell were the Crystal Shrimp? They didn't seem to be corrupted gems, were they just some native lifeforms from homeworld that tagged along for some reason)

And then of course there's the Temple. Now one of the big revelations in Change your mind is that the Temple is made in the image of Obsidian, the fusion of all the core crystal gems, Rose/Steven included.

So, who made it?

Remember, Obsidian is the fusion of all the crystal gems, Amethyst included. But Amethyst didn't join the group till well after the war. Did Rose, Garnet and Pearl just build the temple on their own? How? Where did they stay prior to that?

And even if the temple was built before that (I don't know, they seemed to have quite a few Quartzes with them, maybe Biggs was part of Obsidian before Amethyst) How the heck did they build it? did Rose build it as Pink Diamond?

Pink: Okay, you know what we need right here? A huge temple in the form of that giant Obsidian fusion that attacked and destroyed my fleet last week.

Yellow:....Okay and why are you building that again?

Pink:.... Cause its my colony and I want one?

Yellow: *Deep resigned sigh* Whatever, I'm gonna go get a drink.

Pink: wait can we get drunk?

Yellow: I AM WILLING TO TRY.

I'm sure there are answers to all these questions, which is why I'm glad we're getting one more season and a movie.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Honestly, a lot of the structures that exist in the SU world don't make sense now that we have context,

For instance, the Moon Temple. There was never any other indication that the Gems had any sort of religion besides that, and the idol they had was clearly meant to be White Diamond. (Also, what the Hell were the Crystal Shrimp? They didn't seem to be corrupted gems, were they just some native lifeforms from homeworld that tagged along for some reason)

And then of course there's the Temple. Now one of the big revelations in Change your mind is that the Temple is made in the image of Obsidian, the fusion of all the core crystal gems, Rose/Steven included.

So, who made it?

Remember, Obsidian is the fusion of all the crystal gems, Amethyst included. But Amethyst didn't join the group till well after the war. Did Rose, Garnet and Pearl just build the temple on their own? How? Where did they stay prior to that?

And even if the temple was built before that (I don't know, they seemed to have quite a few Quartzes with them, maybe Biggs was part of Obsidian before Amethyst) How the heck did they build it? did Rose build it as Pink Diamond?

Pink: Okay, you know what we need right here? A huge temple in the form of that giant Obsidian fusion that attacked and destroyed my fleet last week.

Yellow:....Okay and why are you building that again?

Pink:.... Cause its my colony and I want one?

Yellow: *Deep resigned sigh* Whatever, I'm gonna go get a drink.

Pink: wait can we get drunk?

Yellow: I AM WILLING TO TRY.

I'm sure there are answers to all these questions, which is why I'm glad we're getting one more season and a movie.
It helps that several characters can literally see the future, so the art can be inspired by prophesy like an actual temple.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Plus, there's Bismuth

"Bismuth?"

"'Sup."

"Why did you carve the image of our new mega fusion into the cliff face?"

"Because Obsidian is metal as fuck."

"...granted. but, why?"

"well, can you think of a better way to say "fuck off" to the diamonds?"

Yeoman

Validated User
Wait... so it will have six seasons and a movie? Steven Universe is the completion of the prophecy!

Crinos

Validated User
RIIIIISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

We have a movie poster.

So observations:

1) New look for Steven, loving it, think he might be looking a wee older.

2) Judging from the Background they rebuilt Lapis and Peridot's Barn. I presume Bismuth will be living there too.

3) Look at the new villain, who is either XJ9 from My life as a Teenaged robot, an insane 1930's cartoon character, or maybe both.

Top Bottom