• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Sunless Skies] Space Train to the Cosmos!

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
I find I kind of prefer the Reach to Albion. In the Reach it felt like I was always heading somewhere and something was always happening, while Albion is like 90% wandering through empty void without anything close enough for your scout to point out. Maybe Eleutheria or the Blue Kingdom will go back to being more claustrophobic.

-Naxuul
There was a comparision map of the four regions on the Sunless Skies subreddit, but I can't find it right off the top of my head. But roughly, the Blue Kingdom is the smallest, Albion is the largest, and the Reach/Eleutheria are about the same size.

In terms of what fills them. Eleuth has somewhat more empty space than the Reach, and the Blue Kingdom is about as equally mazelike (but packed into a smaller space).

Nerag

Cat Fragment
Validated User
I've had the biggest pain trying to fulfill prospects. i agreed to take seeds to Magdalenes but they only seem to accept 3 at a time and I can only seem to get one. Anyone else had this problem or am I missing something?

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
I've had the biggest pain trying to fulfill prospects. i agreed to take seeds to Magdalenes but they only seem to accept 3 at a time and I can only seem to get one. Anyone else had this problem or am I missing something?
What do you mean when you say you can only get one? Where are you getting them? Eventually you should run into a port whose Bazaar is selling them at a bargain price. I think that particular Bargain allows you to purchase up to three. Bargains show up semi-randomly on a 30 day schedule at every port. Or you can go to the port that exports Verdant Seeds (I don't remember which one - maybe the Nature Reserve?) and buy them at normal price. As far as I can tell, Prospects never expire, so it's not like there's a big hurry. You don't even have to bring the full quantity in one load.

Nerag

Cat Fragment
Validated User
Wait... in addition to picking up the prospect do you also have to pick up the seeds from a randomized port? I thought the prospect included the seeds!

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
Wait... in addition to picking up the prospect do you also have to pick up the seeds from a randomized port? I thought the prospect included the seeds!
No, the Prospect just tells you that Port X desires Goods Y. If you deliver the desired goods, you will get a better than usual price plus some experience points. Like the captains in the bar tell you in their tutorial, you'll have to figure out where to obtain the goods yourself. Sometimes you'll get lucky, and arrive at the port to discover that they themsleves are offering a Bargain on the goods mentioned in the Prospect.

Nerag

Cat Fragment
Validated User
No, the Prospect just tells you that Port X desires Goods Y. If you deliver the desired goods, you will get a better than usual price plus some experience points. Like the captains in the bar tell you in their tutorial, you'll have to figure out where to obtain the goods yourself. Sometimes you'll get lucky, and arrive at the port to discover that they themsleves are offering a Bargain on the goods mentioned in the Prospect.
Urk... thanks.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
Yes. In the long run, buying up bargains as you see them and stashing them in the bank is what to do. Early on, just remember Hours, Bronzewood, ordinary Souls, and Seeds are the native products of the Reach.

Melum

Blake-light tragedy
Validated User
So, does the regent’s grave quest pay off? I’ve lost multiple levels worth of stats. Seems like I’d have been better off not doing it.

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
Yes. In the long run, buying up bargains as you see them and stashing them in the bank is what to do. Early on, just remember Hours, Bronzewood, ordinary Souls, and Seeds are the native products of the Reach.
Also IIRC, you can buy souls at Port Avon and Magdelene's, seeds at the Reserve, hours at Prosper and Lustrum, honey at Carillon and Titania and Bronzewood at Summerset without having to wait for a bargain.

-Naxuul

Requiem_17_23

Mrglglglgl
Validated User
Just by swapping your main source of income to Prospects, I feel that the shape of the game has changed. Sunless Sea felt like a seaborne adventurer - Sunless Skies feels like a skyborne *merchant*-adventurer, in that you've always got one eye on your pocketbook and your stock. Eventually of course you've got the working capital and hold space to just keep stocks of good around so that when someone wants something you have it (or most of it) on hand.

... Rogue Trader. That's what it feels like. It feels a little like being a Rogue Trader.

Top Bottom