• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

[Sunless Skies] Space Train to the Cosmos!

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
Just by swapping your main source of income to Prospects, I feel that the shape of the game has changed. Sunless Sea felt like a seaborne adventurer - Sunless Skies feels like a skyborne *merchant*-adventurer, in that you've always got one eye on your pocketbook and your stock. Eventually of course you've got the working capital and hold space to just keep stocks of good around so that when someone wants something you have it (or most of it) on hand.

... Rogue Trader. That's what it feels like. It feels a little like being a Rogue Trader.
And you can even adhere to heresy against the God-Empress on her Golden Throne (of Hours).

Ikselam

a heavy bear to cross
Validated User
So here's a question. I arrived at Pan, and started one of the Inconvenient Aunt's storylets. After the first screen appeared, but before I chose any of the story options, I accidentally clicked into the Bank from the left-hand port pane. My journal now indicates that I've advanced the Aunt's storyline to an intermediate step, but I can't re-trigger the story text to actually progress it. Am I now permanently screwed re: that storyline?

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
Well I just finished one of the potential paths for The Truth Ambition and without getting spoilery, I think I may have witnessed the very definition of going mad with the power.

-Naxuul

Melum

Blake-light tragedy
Validated User
So I took some days off to beat civ 6 a few times, and I’m back on this. I’m currently on Melum VIII, after two ignominious deaths to bees while trying to find Lustrum. I finally, finally found it; it was supposedly due east but was in fact south-by-southeast. Actually due east? The giant bee hive near Titania.

I look forward to Albion after I’ve finished all the obvious quest lines here, which seem to go there next. Is joining one side of the tacketies/London war a mistake, this early? Not sure how to acquire ministry passports otherwise.

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I look forward to Albion after I’ve finished all the obvious quest lines here, which seem to go there next. Is joining one side of the tacketies/London war a mistake, this early? Not sure how to acquire ministry passports otherwise.
I believe that you can get passports from killing the London ships, but haven't actually tested this myself.

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
So I took some days off to beat civ 6 a few times, and I’m back on this. I’m currently on Melum VIII, after two ignominious deaths to bees while trying to find Lustrum. I finally, finally found it; it was supposedly due east but was in fact south-by-southeast. Actually due east? The giant bee hive near Titania.

If you ever find the Repentent Devil officer, I think having him on your ship makes the bees non-aggressive. Or at least at some point the bees became non-aggressive in my game and that is my best guess why.

-Naxuul

Ikselam

a heavy bear to cross
Validated User
If you ever find the Repentent Devil officer, I think having him on your ship makes the bees non-aggressive. Or at least at some point the bees became non-aggressive in my game and that is my best guess why.
I hired the Repentant Devil before encountering a single bee, and it did not prevent me from dying a million times to bees.

The bees do seem a lot less numerous since I completed the Regent's Grave quest line, but I'm not sure if it's a causal relationship or they just finally decided killing me wasn't fun anymore.

totenblume

Validated User
I heard that the bees only attack if you have Chorister nectar in your hold?

Sweet Jane at Lustrum will sell you some if you kill Dreadnoughts for her.

Melum

Blake-light tragedy
Validated User
Huh. So I just took a nap for a year and a day, and now the tacketies have kicked out Windward company, and Albion’s sun is dying.

Top Bottom