• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Supergirl] Season 4 - Episode 21 - "Red Dawn"

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
For discussing tonight's episode of Supergirl.

Spoiler: Show
Kara comes face to face with Red Daughter and the two engage in an epic battle; Lena turns to an unlikely source for help; Alex realizes she's missing parts of her memory; Brainy, Nia and J'onn set out to track down aliens who have been abducted.

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
Okay, genuinely teared up with Alex put the grass on Kara's chest and commanded her to pull sunlight from it. That whole scene was ... wow.

pesterfield

Validated User
I wonder who in Kasnia approved this stupid plan.
Gave up the chance to have their own national super hero, and instead went with a plan involving both conquering the U.S. and trusting Lex Luthor to not betray them.

That drawing sunlight from other things was neat, but I wonder if it'll ever be of much other use. Not like she loses charge overnight.

What was with Brainy's Lockwood impression, it's like he wasn't even trying. Those guards shouldn't have needed an alien detector to tell something was up.

CWalck93

Doom Priest of Peace and Happiness
Validated User
Okay... that was a definitely an interesting show. There were some really odd moments (Brainy's arc for example... I get it... but it was just really really odd). Alex remembering things and the scene with the Luthors was funny.

I'm looking forward to the finale and seeing how things turn out. I do like how Lockwood realized that he was nothing more than a pawn and because of it basically lost everything in his life.

Also... got to agree... the people who run Kasnia need to go back to 'small country trying to become a big name' school or whatever it is for this stupid dumb plot.

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
Yeah, I knew Kara wasn't going to die, but damned if Alex's plea didn't put a pit in my chest. Damn.

In the middle of the fight it went from day time to night suddenly. I think they were trying to say the fight went for hours, but it just felt a little odd to me. Like to the point I thought Red Daughter or Lex had actually done something to block the sun.

I loved the drawing the sunlight from the grass and trees and plants nearby.

Brainy is just a bad actor and I think that was the point. He's not good at acting like a human.

Was good seeing Mama Danvers.

Dave999

Validated User
Gave up the chance to have their own national super hero, and instead went with a plan involving both conquering the U.S. and trusting Lex Luthor to not betray them.
Hey, go big or go home.

Lex Luthor has CHANGED THE SUN INTO A RED GIANT in the past.

Conquering the US is chickenfeed.

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
Oh and I loved Kara at the beginning have built up a small tolerance for Kryptonite and able to escape Red Daughter because of it.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
Someone spent ALL the Fate/Drama/Hero points last night to pull off that stunt. :) (The first time we saw that was Supes in Dark Knight Returns after derailing the nuke, I think.)
Solid ep, but now we've got SG vs Lex for the showdown. Very much looking forward to next week.

Kirayoshi

Mrs. Peel, we're needed.
Validated User
I loved the drawing the sunlight from the grass and trees and plants nearby.
I think they lifted that idea from Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns", when Superman was emaciated from getting caught in a nuclear blast and absorbed solar energy from the earth to restore himself.

"Mother...you are so generous. You give me your beautiful jungle...I swear your adopted son will honor you!"

Top Bottom