• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Supernatural Law (Wicked Pacts)

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The rules are indeed a bit hazy about this and Wicked Pacts website does not seem to have FAQ link yet. But I think your conclusions are correct.

Casting covers both activating and landing the spell. These are considered to be a single action so casting plus landing a single spell does not result in a multiple action penalty.

And by my interpretation, Jin’s Pure Blood benefit applies to both activation and landing the spell.

When casting multiple spells, the multiple action penalty applies to both activation and landing.

Spellslinger removes the multiple action penalty from both activation and landing.

And yes, I think that how Dragon’s Flame works is that you only need to activate it once and can then make as many attacks as you like, but multiple action penalty applies to all the rolls, including activation. But with Spellslinger you can activate and attack twice without multiple action penalty. Because I’d rule that the second attack is another casting, it just does not need an activation thanks to the nature of the spell.

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
The rules are indeed a bit hazy about this and Wicked Pacts website does not seem to have FAQ link yet. But I think your conclusions are correct.

Casting covers both activating and landing the spell. These are considered to be a single action so casting plus landing a single spell does not result in a multiple action penalty.

And by my interpretation, Jin’s Pure Blood benefit applies to both activation and landing the spell.

When casting multiple spells, the multiple action penalty applies to both activation and landing.

Spellslinger removes the multiple action penalty from both activation and landing.

And yes, I think that how Dragon’s Flame works is that you only need to activate it once and can then make as many attacks as you like, but multiple action penalty applies to all the rolls, including activation. But with Spellslinger you can activate and attack twice without multiple action penalty. Because I’d rule that the second attack is another casting, it just does not need an activation thanks to the nature of the spell.
Thanks! I arrived to the same conclusion regarding Dragon’s Flame, but forgot to add it to the short list. It’s nice to have a clear understanding of how one can set things on fire. :whistle:

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
I’ve been a bit sick and sleep deprived, so expect me to be slower going than the usual.

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Ilya Ilya : I'm sorry to hear that, and hope you recover quickly.

To everyone: Ben is back and looking forward to meeting some wolves.

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
With Mort in the Morgue and Angelo about to get whisked off, what do the other detectives plan to do during the day? The teen wolves will only be having their date in the evening.

Speaking of the wolves, I am not saying that they are going to end up in trouble resulting in another action scene, but werewolves are energetic. So are teens. Teen werewolves - does this look like a suitably energetic theme video for the teen wolves? :)

Captain Angelo had the auction house assignment, for those with no suitable leads to investigate.

Top Bottom