IC Supernatural Law (Wicked Pacts)

Jive Professor

Trying to fly
Validated User
Angelo dashed towards the Acorn, and snatched it up as quickly as he could.

OOC: I'm rolling Athletics, which I suppose is the right call? Angelo is really fast at the moment AND has Mort's -2 TN spell lingering. In any case: Athletics: 3d10k1+5 15 Also -2 TN and looks like I'm eligible for a crit, possibly.

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Page’s

The clerk looked at the list. “If these books have changed hands, it is not through a public sale. They haven’t been sold through us, and I haven’t heard of these books being on the market. And I am fairly certain I would have heard if there was a professional middleman involved. If you came to me with these books, I would recommend holding an auction. It is possible they have been sold or exchanged directly to someone else, but I can’t help you with that. I wasn’t even aware that these books were in Boston.”

Drug den / Other Side

Ben fired a second Cloud of Confusion, catching Baron and two more ghouls, leaving just the pair by the exit unstupefied. As Baron’s lunge for the acorn ended up with him thudding face first on the floor, Mort yanked the acorn right into Angelo’s waiting hand. Angelo snatched up the acorn and-

POP

The acorn was gone. Angelo was holding what looked like a cat-sized squirrel with rather large eyes for its size and fur the same hue as the acorn. “Tsk?” The squirrel looked up at Angelo, tilted his head and flashed an expression that looked like a smile. “Tsk!”

Noticing their comrades staggering around, the ghouls by the exit realized they were now outnumbered. Ghouls are strong and brutish, but carrion eaters by nature. They get really dangerous only when controlled by something more powerful that they fear, like a vampire. Left to themselves, they prefer going for something already dead rather than something that can fight back, unless they think they have a clear upper hand. Now, true to their nature, they ran. But not directly away. Perhaps not wanting to leave empty handed and seeing Baron lying on the ground unattended they apparently thought to grab him along for a snack and rushed at where Baron and Angelo were. But Angelo expertly pivoted, slashed, and decapitated one of the ghouls as it ran past. The other saw its opening, dashed past Angelo from the other side and made a grab for Baron.

“Rrt!” the squirrel voiced angrily and then jumped from Angelo’s hand with a “yipee!” pouncing on the ghoul. And starting to crackle with emitted electricity.

Only Yakety Sax music was missing as the ghoul screamed and started running in circles, trying to shake off the squirrel who was nimbly evading all attempts to grab him while hanging on and crackling with lightning. Then the ghoul accidentally ran into the side of the pool, fell, and plunged its torso face first into the pool, which did cause the squirrel to jump off. He made a tittering, amused sound as the ghoul flailed in the pool, kicking with its legs. Then the ghoul managed to get up. It was still screaming. Now because the liquid in the pool was eating into its skin like acid. The ghoul staggered backwards away from the pool, fell over, twitched for a moment, and then was still. No wonder they had been reluctant to attack people near the pool.

“Oopsi,” the squirrel voiced. “Sooooryyyy!”

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Ben Falken

~==Damn. I'm going to have nightmares about squirrels==~

He pushes the confused thug toward the door, trying to herd him gently.

Last edited:

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
Cruel Reign Investigation (Page's) · Jin-hee Hayes
HP: 24/24 · MP: 4/50 · Scene pts: 0/3 · Max potions/day: 2/4

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
“They might not be anymore.” Jin-hee ran her fingers through her hair, casting a last glance at the shelves covering the majority of the walls of the store. “Ah, it was worth a try. Thanks for the help.”

There was no money trail to follow, cold as it might have been. At least she managed to weed out one more possible line of inquiry. This left her with the Dorchester side of the investigation, while Nikki kept following Mary’s lead. Walking towards the door, Jin suppressed an annoyed groan, only now a thought that should have been obvious occurring to her. She could have asked Professor Warnock about the Unbound. Although he didn't know much about their diplomatic relationships, he still knew more than her, and he could have heard some odd things or rumors regarding fallen Angels and Devils using their magic when they shouldn't been able to. But she didn’t ask, and she wouldn’t further bother the man today.

Climbing onto her motorcycle, Jin grudgingly headed to the Pilgrim church shelter.

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pilgrim Church shelter

Pilgrim Congregational Church was a century-old brick building. The shelter, close to the church on the same street, was much more modern, established in 1990.

As Jin arrived, two men were talking in the yard in front of the shelter. The younger man looked like a priest. The older one appeared to be one from the shelter staff.

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
Cruel Reign Investigation (Pilgrim Church shelter) · Jin-hee Hayes

Jin approached the men, politely waiting for a lull in the conversation to say, “Hi. I’m trying to find someone. A homeless man who might have come into contact with your staff or regulars around, uh, thirty, thirty five years ago.” She gave the building a doubting glance. It was too new, more recent that The Vagrant’s last recorded sighting. “To whom may I talk?”

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pilgrim Church shelter

"It predates the shelter," the priest said. "But not the church. We have always done charity work here, even before the shelter was built. Soup kitchens and- Well, I wasn't here then." He looked at the older man. "But you were, weren't you?"

"I was," the older man said. "But I am not sure if I can recall anyone in particular, unless there was something particularly remarkable about that person. Or unless he is still around. We have a couple of men often staying here who have been living on the street for practically their whole lives."

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User

“He was remarkable. They called him The Vagrant. Was rumored to heal people, mainly those on the streets, but he didn’t talk much. Didn’t mingle, and was good at shaking off people trying to follow him. A beautiful woman with a hound pack showed up around the time he disappeared, asking after him in the streets he used to hang.”

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pilgrim Church shelter

"Oh," the older man said. "You are chasing an urban legend."

"I know the stories about Vagrant," the priest smiled. "Some stories say he was an angel. It is a beautiful story, but I do not think it is true. I believe that God works through people, and instead of looking for miracles we should look after each other."

The older man chuckled. "To add to the sermon, I think that Vagrant was a genuine person, but that was all he was - a person. A helpful and kind person obviously, and perhaps knew something about medicine and psychology, but stories of miracles most likely just grew in the telling. I never met him. I am not sure that he was even homeless, like the people he often helped. He never showed up at the kitchen or otherwise sought any kind of help for himself. But I met enough people who had encountered him that I am sure that there is a grain of truth in the stories about him."

"Most stories you are likely to find these days are second hand," the priest commented. "Not many people around anymore who actually met the Vagrant. Some are off the streets, others passed on."

"There are a couple of our regulars who met him," the older man said. "But I am not sure if you are going to get very good or reliable information from either. There is Julio, but he was just a kid back then. The other one is old Nelson, but - he is probably the one who started those angel rumors. His grip of reality has always been a bit tenuous."

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User

“Even shrouded in myths, he’s still a very real person I need to find,” Jin replied. “I’d like to talk with Nelson and Julio if possible. There is also this gentleman who helped me a little while ago, would you know where I can find him?” She described the homeless man who warned her about Lilian.

“Oh! And that woman with the dogs, I’m not sure about the exact time she was around... but did you hear about anything like this?”

Top Bottom