• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Supernatural Law (Wicked Pacts)

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: I think we can move the scenes to the police station and have everyone present to exchange information and catch up on happenings.

It takes three hours to drive from Boston to Barre, so the detectives likely won't make it there during office hours. Depending on whether there is anyone in the building after hours, they may have to summon the manager from home in order to get the data, or postpone the trip for the next day.

OCD Headquarters

Nikki and Angelo returned from the beach. Some time Later, Ben and Jin returned from Dallas. Hearing the Door open, Captain Graves stepped from her office. "Everyone is back, good. Can I get a short summary of the findings?"

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Ben Falken

"An Angel told us we can prevent the Feast if we find the Ring and turn it over to the Hosts. Also we have a new lead on Alex Ford, and the Angel advised us to consult Lilian for more information." Wry grimace. "Apparently Angelic security regulations won't let the Angel tell us what we need to know."

Last edited:

Dudley Do-Right

Validated User
Nikki Orlov

"There was a survivor of the car wreck, a female werewolf. We don't have and leads on her identity or whereabouts. She had been kidnapped by a couple of young male werewolf hunters. Evidence suggests they are part of a larger group. There were two more in the crowd of gawkers. I managed to overhear part of their conversation and get some photos photos of them, their car, and license plate. This was a botched job by the two men in the wreck. From what I heard, their orders were to find the werewolf, report in, and wait. We have some fur and clothing samples from the wreck. We also have this."

Nikki pulls out the evidence bag containing the detached hand still holding the gun.

"There will be DNA from the werewolf saliva on this if we can get it analyzed. I'm not interested in arresting the werewolf at the moment. It looks like a clear case of self defense, even if it is a bit overkill."

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
OCD Headquarters · Jin-hee Hayes

"An Angel told us we can prevent the Feast if we find the Ring and turn it over to the Hosts. Also we have a new lead on Alex Ford, and the Angel advised us to consult Lilian for more information." Wry grimace. "Apparently Angelic security regulations won't let the Angel tell us what we need to know."
“About that... The Angel actually called me demanding the reason I was looking for the Vagrant. I’m not sure it was an Angel, but she sounded like one. I don’t know how she found me or my number. And we obtained a photo of ‘Alex Ford’. 99% of chances he’s Raymond Axford just like we suspected.”

"There will be DNA from the werewolf saliva on this if we can get it analyzed. I'm not interested in arresting the werewolf at the moment. It looks like a clear case of self defense, even if it is a bit overkill."
“I don’t think they’ll know, but it’s worth checking with the Grunwalds if they heard about anything like this,” Jin said to Nikki.

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Ben Falken

Jin-hee: "I’m not sure it was an Angel, but she sounded like one."

Ben: "I stand corrected. We think it was an Angel. We can't prove it."

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Upon hearing about the Angel, the captain raised an eyebrow. "An Angel telling you to talk to a Devil would be surprising." She thought for a moment. "Although it is not implausible. If you got specific instructions, I am sure that the Consul has the same information, yet we haven't heard a whisper from the consulate. Many Angels view humans as little more than children, and their first instinct is to keep us safe from harm. With demons involved, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Consul has decided to keep us out of it and handle the threat with consulate forces rather than risking a confrontation between humans and demons. It would be patronizing and infuriating but not surprising. And not something every Angel would agree with. Perhaps someone has decided to bypass the Consul but is too tangled in regulations to do more than drop a hint."

Then she looked at the hand and gun in the evidence bag and shook her head. "Amateur werewolf hunters. If all you know about werewolves came from Hollywood movies you are going to end up dead. There are so many mistakes you can make. Assuming that they are not dangerous in human form. Assuming that a single silver bullet will do the trick. Werewolves are perfectly capable of taking your head off in their human forms, and they cannot regenerate wounds caused by silver but that is it. You may need to shoot one several times to kill it, otherwise the werewolf is just wounded and will kill you instead."

Then she leaned to take a closer look at the gun. "But this does not look like an amateur's weapon. This is a tool for the job. Big game rounds. If the men were trackers for a larger group, someone in the group knows what he is doing."

The captain thought for a moment, then she said: "We have a demonic invasion to stop, but the other threats we are supposed to handle do not rest meanwhile, and I do not like this werewolf situation at all. The werewolf was obviously not the Grunwald girl or their visitor, otherwise we would have been called about the assault. Gruwalds always call us. So she is an unregistered one. That never means anything good. Even if the kills were self defense, she may still be dangerous. I do not believe that it is a coincidence that this happened right by the beach where that previous victim was found."

Starting to pace around the office, the captain explained: "The man killed earlier had a criminal record. A street level fence. It was presumed that a deal had gone bad with a wrong customer, the werewolf had ripped the man apart and attempted to dispose of the body in the ocean to hide the deed, but the corpse ended up washed back onto the beach. What if it was more than that. Unregistered werewolves are sometimes involved in criminal enterprises. What if the killing was about removing a rival or a matter of internal discipline. If it was planned rather than spontaneous, the werewolf would have attempted to dispose of the body in a familiar area to minimize the risk of accidentally being found out. Now, let's suppose that the werewolf woman in the car was either the killer or a member of the same pack the killer belongs to. She got held at gunpoint by the hunters. Depending on where that happened, she may have been able to tear them apart straight away, but not without the incident being recorded by security cameras. At the very least, she would have been stuck at the scene with torn clothes, and both a werewolf and a naked woman covered in blood would draw attention as she attempted to get away. Perhaps she waited for a better opportunity, and when the car happened to drive through territory familiar to her, she acted. In a familiar area she would have known where to go, what to do, and how to avoid cameras. Not many of those in the beach where people go in their swimwear."

"If there are unregistered werewolves in Boston, we need to know of it. Especially when it could be that this one is either the killer from the previous case or knows who is. I want her found."

"And I do not like these hunters either. At best, they are vigilantes taking the law into their own hands. Handling werewolves is our responsibility. Amateurs are just going to get killed, as they indeed were. Trying to do our job just results in needless violence and death. Also, what are their motivations. In the best case, they would be looking for just the dangerous one, the beach killer from before. But if they consider every werewolf a fair target and are allowed to continue operating, one day one of the Grunwald kids may end up shot with a silver bullet on the way home from school. No. I want the hunters found too."

"Priorities, of course. The demons are our main threat and that investigation takes priority. But when that investigation does not need all of our resources, we will investigate the werewolf situation as well."

Last edited:

Dudley Do-Right

Validated User
Nikki Orlov

"We have the license plate number from the car the other two left in. We can have that run and see what turns up. The two men on the overpass were expecting regular detectives, ones that wouldn't have known what to look for. They were surprised how we handled the accident scene. I heard them mention a Hochmeister. Does that mean anything?"

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"With the identities of the dead men and knowledge of who owns the car we can look for known acquaintances," Captain Graves said. "That should help us identify at least some others who belong to this group. Perhaps even where they are based in. I do not recognize that title though. Ms. Mercado! What does Hochmeister say to you?"

"It means Grand Master," Ms. Mercado said, walking up. "So it is a very common title, but the use of the German version by local men would hint at an organization originating from Europe. Did the men carry any symbols?"

After hearing about the tattoos, Ms. Mercado pondered. "Hm. In the medieval Teutonic Order, Hochmeister was the highest officer of the order."

"So they are Teutonic Knights?" the captain asked.

"No, I really don't think so. You see, the Teutonic Order still exists. As two separate orders, in fact. There is the Teutonic Order, which is Catholic, and the Protestant version, Bailiwick of Utrecht of the Teutonic Order. Both continue to award knighthoods, but they are just honorary ones. The orders are no longer military ones, they are purely religious, and the knighthoods are usually awarded for charitable deeds, not for chasing down werewolves. This bunch may style themselves after Teutonic Knights, but they are most certainly not. Both the Catholic and Protestant churches have been serious about demilitarizing their orders. Although that has not always sat well with some radical sects."

"Radicals?" Captain Graves looked thoughtful.

"Yes," Ms. Mercado said. "This hunter group might be an attempt to resurrect the medieval version of Teutonic Knights, perhaps under a new name because the original is still in use. Because that is where the title of Hochmeister comes from, the medieval organization. And that was not a nice bunch."

Jive Professor

Trying to fly
Validated User
Angelo did his usual - grab everyone coffee while the bigger brains of the group hashed out the specifics. Periodically as Nikki detailed what they'd found he would echo her with an Mhm or a Yep or a simple nod. Ben and Jin's mention of speaking with an Angel perked his ears up, though he tried to stifle his excitement and be less obvious. The discussion turning to militarized orders had him scratching the back of his head. "Uh, yeah Captain I think uh... there's at least a few active martial orders still out there," he said like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "I'm living proof after all."

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Yes, but not controlled by the church," Ms. Mercado said. "The churches have largely left the martial activities to secular authorities, with the exception of some very specific groups like the Swiss Guard. Even hunting the supernatural has been left in the hands of the police force. And to the Knights Templar. Templars are most likely the largest martial order still in existence, and they do not take orders from anyone, although they are willing to work with both the police and the church. But as I said, not everyone has liked those developments. Some traditions have been kept alive, others have been resurrected, and new ones have been founded. Even Brotherhood of St. Joseph was founded by Knights Templar who disagreed with the larger Templar organisation."

"Radicals," Captain Graves said again.

"Yes, it does not necessarily mean the same as bad people," Ms. Mercado said. "But these days, both the Templars and the Brotherhood of St. Joseph mainly work with the police. Even joining the police forces, like Angelo. They do not think of themselves as above the law. That does not appear to be the case with the werewolf hunters. From what I understood, they didn't like the idea of the police getting involved. Maybe they are ultra-religious and feel that hunting monsters is not the business of secular authorities. Or they could be an ungifted group that feels that everything supernatural is wrong, including us. Or who knows. We know so little of them."

Top Bottom