• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Supernatural Law (Wicked Pacts)

Jive Professor

Trying to fly
Validated User
Angelo was glad to be corrected. “That’s true...” he said, letting out a sight of relief. “So these radicals, they’re a breed apart?”

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Groups like that typically prefer their own rules to those of society around them," Ms. Mercado said. "Those with a public face generally try to maintain at least a veneer of legitimacy and stop short of breaking the law. What they may try to do is drum up support to have those laws changed to their liking. Those who stay out of the public may not be so restrained. They may favor their own code above the law. How dangerous groups like that are varies. Some only apply their code to their internal dealings and are no threat to outsiders, others believe that their code is stronger than established law and should apply to everyone. I think it is safe to say that the werewolf hunters would be the latter kind. And yes, they really are a breed apart. We can't expect them to respect our authorities as officers of the law. That does not necessarily mean that they would use violence against us, but depending on what kind of people they are, they might."

"A radical group was mentioned in connection with another recent case," Captain Graves pointed out. "They were supremacists, not monster hunters, but there was a supernatural killing in that case too. The cases are not necessarily connected, but I wonder about the timing."

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
OCD Headquarters · Jin-hee Hayes

Jin perked up. “Another case? Which one?” Until that moment she had been quietly sipping her coffee while watching the discussion, way too out of her depth to contribute to it, but being curious as she was she couldn’t resist but ask.

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"The one I assigned Jones to investigate," the captain said. "The young man's suicide that turned out to be murder. As I recall, he had gotten involved with recruiters from some radical group but rejected them in the end. So far, there is no evidence linking the killing to the supremacist group that was trying to recruit him, or the supremacist to the werewolf hunters. But now there have been two supernatural killings involving radical groups in short time."

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Ben Falken

"We check the records then. Maybe find some common elements. Hayes and I are bound for Vermont right away so I guess we can't help with that. Good luck to whoever does it."

Last edited:

Dudley Do-Right

Validated User
Nikki Orlov

"We should get these samples to the lab and see if we can get enough DNA to run a check of the database. We should talk to the Grunwalds, see if they have heard any rumors. The only thing we know so far is that our mystery werewolf is female."

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I can take the evidence to the lab," Ms. Mercado said. "I can also run a search on the license plate of that car and see who it belongs to."

"Fine," said Captain Graves. "With Falken and Hayes heading to Vermont, Orlov and Sanctis can continue investigating the werewolf case. Talking to Grunwalds is a good idea. They should be warned about the werewolf hunters in any case. Grunwalds keep a low profile and the hunters may not know of them, but it doesn't hurt to be careful. See if you can figure out any further leads."

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
OCD Headquarters · Jin-hee Hayes

"We check the records then. Maybe find some common elements. Hayes and I are bound for Vermont right away so I guess we can't help we that. Good luck to whoever does it."
Jin nodded and added, “Vermont shouldn’t take very long. We’re bringing a warrant, it’‘ll be only a matter of retrieving the information we need and returning to Boston.” She stared almost sternly at Nikki and Angelo, taking on a somber tone. “If you think you located their hideout and it looks like it’s going to get serious don’t hesitate to call us. I’m not doubting your fighting ability, it’s just that they’re hunting werewolves. They could have exceedingly nasty weapons and tricks prepared to counter a werewolf’s quick healing.”

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Situation update.

In this month, every game I am involved in appears to have gone to slow motion, mainly due to summer vacations, with several people unable to get online as often. So I haven't hurried with advancing the scene. In part to allow Cale Knight to catch up with the current situation. Mort may have a comment about what is going on and everyone is conveniently in the office.

My typing fingers are starting to itch though, so I will most likely post an update either at the end of the week or the beginning of the next one. :)

I have used the lull to do some preliminary writing and look for suitable theme videos for what is likely to come. And I have found some pretty neat ones. I can't post most of them in a while though, since that might count as spoilers. But take a look at This one. It is almost spot on for "A Devil Hunter confronts a Devil and his hellsworn minions."

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Grunwald residence

After departing the office, Angelo and Nikki drove over to the werewolf house. The timing was just about perfect. The kids should have returned from school by that time, and the parents usually worked nights and most likely hadn't left home yet. Indeed, the doorbell was answered by the muscled figure of Mr. Grunwald who looked at the detectives with some puzzlement. "Yes?" he said. "Is there a problem?"

Top Bottom