• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

💀 Necro Supernatural Western: Whats out there besides Deadlands?

Scott Dorward

Freelance Alan Moore impersonator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Chaosium will, presumably, some day, publish the three-volume old west CoC series I wrote/compiled for them awhile back, a sourcebook and two adventure collections. Sourcebook and series title was still Down Darker Trails, last I knew. As for when? Quien sabe?
I saw a recent interview with Mike Mason where he mentioned it as coming soon.

Ineti

Playing mind games! Woo!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dogs in the Vineyard, Boot Hill, GURPS Old West, and Deadlands were all among the inspirations for my ancient Egypt spaghetti western prose series. I'll work up rules for it someday; no idea what rules system I'd use tho. Probably something light to medium crunch.

Winternova

An armoire for the ages
Validated User
I don't have anything to offer (unless you count an ultralight I developed about a year ago that received limited playtesting) but I am curious: how healthy is this genre?

Dagor

Validated User
I don't have anything to offer (unless you count an ultralight I developed about a year ago that received limited playtesting) but I am curious: how healthy is this genre?
I have no hard numbers or anything, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be approximately as "healthy" as the Western genre in RPGs itself. Supernatural elements seem to be a pretty safe and popular standby that you can throw in pretty much anywhere you like (as long as you don't make it too blatant a bait and switch, in which case players may get annoyed at that more than at the supernatural itself), but interest in playing specifically somewhere resembling the "Old West", that's got to be somewhat less common.

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
Just wanted to raise this thread and see if anyone had any new thoughts on Supernatural Wild West RPGs?

Top Bottom