• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Supers RPGs

One1r0mancer

Retired User
:confused:

I am writing an article about supers RPGs for an online portal.

I have this list of games but if you could help me with any other RPGs you know like these I would be grateful.

Marvel Super Heroes, DC Universe, Champions, Heroes Unlimited, Stuperpowers!, Brave New World, Aberrant, Godlike, Silver Age Sentinels.

These are the ones I know, if you know any other RPG with superpowers theme, no matter it isn't published anymore or online, I would sure appreciate it. :D

Cheers

H.

Marion Poliquin

I eat plants.
Validated User
One1r0mancer said:
:confused:

I am writing an article about supers RPGs for an online portal.

I have this list of games but if you could help me with any other RPGs you know like these I would be grateful.

Marvel Super Heroes, DC Universe, Champions, Heroes Unlimited, Stuperpowers!, Brave New World, Aberrant, Godlike, Silver Age Sentinels.

These are the ones I know, if you know any other RPG with superpowers theme, no matter it isn't published anymore or online, I would sure appreciate it. :D

Cheers

H.
I'd split Marvel in its nonSAGA and SAGA versions. And to the list you may wish to add the following :
DC Heroes
Champions New Millenium
Villains and Vigilantes
Blood of Heroes
Gurps Supers

Corporate Dog

Rebel of the Dictionary
More supers games...

Blood of Heroes/Original DC RPG, Marvel SAGA, Villains & Vigilantes, FREELancers (a supers suplement for Top Secret/SI)...

Regards,
Corporate Dog

Brian

The Devil's Paralegal
Chaosiums Superworld box set put out in the 80s and it's smaller generic version in Worlds of Wonder.

Bailywolf

bwakbwak
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
POWERGAME

Powergame is one of the best free games out there. Google for it, and enjoy.

One1r0mancer

Retired User
Hey, thanks a lot for the big help :D , but I have another request :(

Do you know where I can find info aout these games?

Thanks in advance

H.

Marco

Validated User
JAGS Supers

JAGS Supers is a free fully-functional supers system for the free multi-genre JAGS RPG.

We wanted a supers-game that had the attention to "normal character" and 'realism' of GURPS, the flexibility of Hero (which we didn't get--Hero is probably the most flexible rules-heavy game out there: we're in awe), a list of powers that had innate flavor to it (so Flame Blast was different from Freeze Ray) and a balancing mechanic to reduce munchkinism.

We think we were moderately successful. The blancing mechanic we used (powers are purchased using a 'letter system' so you have a Class F Power Beam and a Class D Force Field) has a diminishing-return system built in that discourages point-dumping. We made extra-damage points cheap so that characters could take a little damage in combat without having massive 'blow-through' problems.

Is it the greatest thing ever? Certainly not for everyone. It pleased us--and you're invited to check it out: it and JAGS is free.

-Marco

NOTE: We also have a world book: Children of the Nuclear Age, that includes about 15 character write-ups, maps, and several complete adventures (with more adventure seeds). Again, this is free.

-Marco
[ JAGS (Just Another Gaming System) is available at:
http://jagsgame.dyndns.org/ ]

Top Bottom