Survival mechanics: hunger, thirst, sleep, temperature

LatinaBunny

Suburban Angel
Validated User
TheMouse TheMouse , that’s awesome! :D I think I read something similar with one of my Fate Worlds books (the one with fire fighters) and it described having Fire as an opponent. Or maybe it was in my copy of the Fate Adversary Toolkit?

That is what I love about Fate. Fate has sooo much great tips, some straightforward/streamlined mechanics, really great GMing advice, some interesting settings and various dials and options. :)

(Yeah, I have many of the Fate game stuff from the past, most in pdfs but some of the Fate Core stuff in hardcover, and Atomic Robo, The Breakfast Cult, and Fate Accelerated in softcover. I’ve recently been looking around to play a Fate game with experienced Fate players/GMs to see if Fate could be a good fit for me.)

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User
TheMouse TheMouse , that’s awesome! :D I think I read something similar with one of my Fate Worlds books (the one with fire fighters) and it described having Fire as an opponent. Or maybe it was in my copy of the Fate Adversary Toolkit?
I think you're talking about Fight Fire, in Fate Worlds Vol. 1: Worlds on Fire.

In addition to being really well written and interesting, it does some fantastic stuff with making fire fighting the focus of a game. I started reading it completely skeptical that it'd make for a good game, and I finished the chapter convinced that I'd been wrong. It's good stuff, and it's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about (although with even more detail than I'd suggested in my example).

That is what I love about Fate. Fate has sooo much great tips, some straightforward/streamlined mechanics, really great GMing advice, some interesting settings and various dials and options. :)
I greatly enjoy playing around with the dials and widgets. Changing up the level of detail, which sub-systems to glue on, how to approach cool abilities, etc. It's got lots of tools that I've found are good for me.

(Yeah, I have many of the Fate game stuff from the past, most in pdfs but some of the Fate Core stuff in hardcover, and Atomic Robo, The Breakfast Cult, and Fate Accelerated in softcover. I’ve recently been looking around to play a Fate game with experienced Fate players/GMs to see if Fate could be a good fit for me.)
I hope you find a good group of folk to try it out. On the bright side, I've found it to be fairly common among Fate players that we love sharing the game with people. I've thrown together a bunch of games at game shops for that purpose. I know I'm not the only one.

Top Bottom