• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[SWADE] IC - The Eye of Kilquato

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
Alex,
You feel your finger loosen on the trigger as Chaka leaps into action from above.

As the boy thrusts into the thick skin of the crocodile it’s plain for you to see now by its reaction that it if it wasn’t dead already it definitely is now.

Chaka,
Your spear pierces the massive animal again and again.
The beast doesn’t move or react in any way.

There’s a sort of sigh and then lack of activity in it after the first strike and only after your assault is finished do you notice that blood dribbles down its dark skin from numerous gunshot wounds.
This animal was near death anyway, you did however do a kindness by putting it out of its misery.

Your foot shifts onto something hard in the mud. Looking down you see all around you in the damp bank are spent bullet casings.

OOC: Alex can make a Common Knowledge at +2 or a Shooting roll to discern the nature of the casings.

Chaka can make a Notice or Survival roll.
 

RocknRollFTW

Registered User
Validated User
Lowering his gun, Alex walks towards Chaka, his boots sinking into the mud before he quickly pulls them back out. Taking in the bullet casings and bullet holes already within the Crocodile, it certainly looks like there was a fight here. Question is; who was shooting and what happened to them?

OOC: Shooting Roll: 1d8o8 7
Wild Die: 1d6o6 10
 

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
Alex, the shell casings are 9mm rounds. Fairly uncommon and definitely rare in these parts.

After a moment of cleaning the mud off of a casing you get a better sense of who was here. Stamped into the casing is German writing.

Nazis, and most likely armed with automatic weapons judging by the amount of brass spent here.

But what would they be doing here in the jungle?
And more importantly to your tactically focused mind... where are they, because the damage done to this crocodile doesn’t seem very old.
 

(BlackGoblin)

Registered User
Validated User
Bending down Chacka gets to work trying to salvage some of the alligator meat for the trip ahead.

OOC: Survival: 1d8o8 15 1d6o6 3
 

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
In the process of collecting from the crocodile Chaka comes across tracks.

Booted prints, looking to be six members of their group, and somewhat laden down.

Also, with your expertise you can tell that these tracks are quite fresh. If you were quick you could probably overtake them or at least move into a position to spy on them.

Or avoid the owners of the tracks altogether.
 

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
Theo asks, “Nazis you say Alex? I wonder whatever would have them out here? The Eye perhaps?”

Doc Gold pipes up in response, “Erhrm, most likely. The damn fools truly believe in all of that occult research they perform! Ha, I see. Rubbish. Science! *That* is the true magic of this age and of any age to speak of it.”

The aged magician looks on at the English doctor incredulously, fully aware of his own very real powers.
“Yes, well, Alex, what say you in our current endeavor? Follow the jungle boy’s astute tracking to intercept the Germans or attempt to sneak around them?”

Joey looks on with bright eyes quite excited at the mention and potential opportunity to slingshot one of these Nazis in his noggin.
 

RocknRollFTW

Registered User
Validated User
Alex's face curls into a deep scowl as he inspects the bullet casing. "Nazis," He thinks. "Just our luck." He relates this discovery to the others. They have their own thoughts on the matter.
Theo asks, “Nazis you say Alex? I wonder whatever would have them out here? The Eye perhaps?”

Doc Gold pipes up in response, “Erhrm, most likely. The damn fools truly believe in all of that occult research they perform! Ha, I see. Rubbish. Science! *That* is the true magic of this age and of any age to speak of it.”

The aged magician looks on at the English doctor incredulously, fully aware of his own very real powers.
Alex meanwhile, let's out a chuckle of his. "You'd be surprised Doc. I've got seen quite a few things that were outside sciences grasp, but were very real.'"

But arguing will come another day, as Chaka finds a set of fresh tracks. A decision must be made, and it seems the deciding vote comes down to Alexander.
“Yes, well, Alex, what say you in our current endeavor? Follow the jungle boy’s astute tracking to intercept the Germans or attempt to sneak around them?”

Joey looks on with bright eyes quite excited at the mention and potential opportunity to slingshot one of these Nazis in his noggin.
While Alex is reluctant to start a fight with young Joey and Chaka around, Alex knows that if the Nazi's are also after the Eye (Most likely), a confrontation between their group of adventurers and the Nazi's is almost inevitable. Better to start it on his terms, as far as Alex is concerned. "Let's get'm. If we get the drop on them, we can take them out before they ever get the chance to threaten us.
 

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
Joey pumps a fist in the air, “Yeah, Alex let’s get’m!”

And he begins stretching the thick rubber band on his slingshot.
 

(BlackGoblin)

Registered User
Validated User
"We will stop them Alex." Not sure of what next they will encounter, Chaka takes this time to eat a quick bite before moving on.
 
Top Bottom