• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[SWADE] IC - The Eye of Kilquato

(BlackGoblin)

Validated User
Chaka
Bennies: 3
W0/F0

Taking in Joey's reaction sets Chaka on edge. Hefting his spear, he falls inline behind Joey not exactly seeing the threat but trusting in his companion to take him to the danger.

Rowenn552

Validated User
Everyone hears a voice then. The language is English but heavily accented by a native Chinese speaker. The voice itself sounds old, ancient even, and arrogant.

Ho-ho-ho! Mr. Dairton does your boy speak for you? Ho-ho-ho!”

Alex oh that voice and that irritating laugh! Joey was right, it was Zhang Wu Fang for sure. It would appear he finally escaped the Labyrinth. It only took the man a few months but here he is, back on your doorstep.

The voice continues as the shadows in the archives creep forward... outside the frosted pane of the archive door more shapes can be seen moving into place.

“Ah Dr. Wetmore... I see... The Eye of Kilquato... most interesting... and have you found its location?...”

Theo you have never met the owner of this voice but you have heard of the immortal sorcerer Wu Fang. A practitioner of an ancient Chinese form of Tai-chi and feng-shui.

Alex, Theo, and Doc,
As the voice carries on the three of you can hear Dr. Wetmore to the side groaning. He’s holding his head and doubled over. His face is in a rictus of pain and beads of sweat have formed on his brow.
The curator struggles to get out, “He’s in my head... he knows of the Eye!...”

[We cut to a shot somewhere else of a wrapped hand that you would immediately recognize belonging to a ninja reach out and push up a large knife switch]

Suddenly the lights in the archives go out plunging the room into pitch darkness... darkness save for a number of pinpoints of green light bobbing about through the blackness leaving short trails behind them as they move...

OOC: This will begin an encounter with Zhang Wu Fang and his shadowy goons.

There will be a series of three Quick Encounters as we battle Wu Fang and his Crimson Claws through the museum, race through the streets of NYC, and finish at the tarmac of an airfield.

Last edited:

Rowenn552

Validated User
Scene 1
Quick Encounter - Fight Through the Museum!

Skills allowed: Athletics, Fighting, Shooting, arcane Skill
Situational Modifier: -3

The lights blink out and there is suddenly a flurry of activity in the archives.

Papers rustle and flutter about unseen.

Drawers slam open and closed in the darkness. There is a clatter and crash of something.

The green pin points of light move quickly towards Joey and Chaka and the two boys feel rushes of air as they are assaulted by the shadowy figures in the dark. Chaka instinctively blocks a solid blow just before impact. Something sharp bites into the haft of his spear and catches him ever so slightly on the arm, tearing his shirt and opening his arm.
This fellas mean business.

Meanwhile Dr. Wetmore continues to struggle against Wu Fang’s invasive mental assault.

The door to the archives slams open and more green pin points come dashing into the room. Alex, Doc, and Theo are quickly surrounded by six of the pin points.

OOC: Please make one of the above rolls and narrate how you overcome Wu Fang’s ninjas in the museum.
Even on a failure you will be successful but you will suffer a Wound. On a Critical Failure please also roll a 1d4 for the number of Wounds suffered (any Wounds can be Soaked like normal).

Last edited:

JohnStargazer

Validated User
Joey Howe
Bennies:
W0/F0

Joey isn't an expert swordsman. Joey isn't an ex-military man of action. Joey isn't raised by apes in the wilds of the Congo. Joey isn't a trained ninja.

What Joey is, however, is a Brooklyn raised street kid. He's been all over the world thanks to his travels with Alex and the others, but before that he eked out a living on the meanest streets you could get without leaving America. And that means two things.

First, Joey is tougher than he looks.

Second, Joey fights dirty.

The Ninja who lunged at Chaka doesn't have time to recover from hitting the Ape Boy's spear before Joey's little fists slam into his kidney, knocking the wind from him, allowing Joey to follow up with a Brooklyn Hello, also known as a headbutt to the unmentionables.

OOC: Fighting: 1d6o6 13 1d6o6 4 Forgot to do the -3 so that's a 10 total.

(BlackGoblin)

Validated User
Chaka
Bennie's: 3
W0/F0

Chaka's protective instincts take over as soon as the ninjas start their deadly game. Quickly deciding the older men on the other side of the room are in more danger due to being heavily outnumbered he goes all out attacking wildly on the two enemies directly in front of him. His first attack Chaka swings at the one who sliced him in the arm with a resounding swish and miss!

Joey's punch to the back had the ninja doubled over before Chaka's spear could connect! Feeling a blood rage he swings his spear back quickly to hit the other attacker behind Joey.

OOC: Wild attack: 1d8o8-1 1 1d6o6-1 2

Second attack: 2nd Wild attack: 1d8o8-1 5 1d6o6-1 1

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Great Mancini

Mancini raises his cane in a defensive stance, and reaches into his jacket with the other hand. "By the eight unblinking eyes of Astaroth!" He hurls something bright and shining towards the crowd of enemies, and it bursts into a curtain of polychromatic sparkling radiance. His enemies find their eyesight stymied instantly; his friends find the show pretty but harmless.

storynow

Validated User
Doc Gold gets knock around a bit has he waits for his electrostatic discharge device to charge up, once it does however, the museum lights up.

"I hate to endanger the museum like this, but these brutes need to be taught to respect science"

Doc Gold electrocutes two of the ninjas foolish enough to stand in his way.

ooc: looks like i applied the wrong modifier, but I think it i fail either way.
Shooting the Ninja's: 1d6o6-4 0 1d6o6-4 0
Soak roll: 1d6o6 2 1d6o6 2

RocknRollFTW

Validated User
"SIDEKICK?! SIDEKICK!" Joey burst out angrily in response to the unseen Zhang Wu Fang's statement, probably surprising the rest of the team something fierce. "I'll show that overstuffed palooka a thing or two! Why, if anything, the big guy's my sidekick! Where does he get off..."

So saying, he draws out his trusty sling, and starts stomping towards the creepy shadows, shouting "I'll murderize that Shanghai Shyster, see if I don't!"
Indeed, the shouting does startle Alex, who rises to his feet after a moment, ready to give Joey a piece of his mind for making a racket like that.

This lasts only another moment, before what Joey actually said registers. Alex's eyes widen in realization. "Shanghai Shyster? It couldn't be-"
Everyone hears a voice then. The language is English but heavily accented by a native Chinese speaker. The voice itself sounds old, ancient even, and arrogant.

Ho-ho-ho! Mr. Dairton does your boy speak for you? Ho-ho-ho!”
It was. Zhang Wu Fang was back. "Finally, some action!"

"Can't say he does, Zhang. I prefer to let something else do the talking for me!" Alex retorts, pulling a pistol out of his jacket and racking the slide.
The door to the archives slams open and more green pin points come dashing into the room. Alex, Doc, and Theo are quickly surrounded by six of the pin points.
Alex wastes no time, swiftly blasting away at the green dots of light, trying to aim for where the fast pin points are moving as much as where they are.

OOC: Shooting Roll: 1d8o8-1 0
Shooting Roll (Wild Die): 1d6o6-1 3

Last edited:

Rowenn552

Validated User
Chaos breaks out in the archives as our heroes battle against stacked odds in the Crimson Claws’ favor.

However through grit and determination the heroes pull through... not without a couple bumps and bruises though...

Joey the boy adventurer and Chaka fight side by side fending off attacks from Wu Fang’s thugs.

Doc Gold’s contraption manages to fry a number of the assailants as well but gives himself a shock in the process... as well as a bit of collateral damage to the archives.

The Great Mancini dazzles and utterly blinds all of the remaining ninjas before Alex Dairton pulls his sidearm and unleashes a hail of well placed rounds into those left standing.

Between the lightning, the dazzling show of magic, and the muzzle flashes (not to mention the small fire!) the ninjas can be seen... figures wrapped in black with shiny red metallic claws on their gloves, a flash of red scarf, and red metallic dragon mouthed mempos that cover the lower halves of their faces.

These flashes of light in the darkness reveal too the sight of Zhang Wu Fang at the back of the room. Eye lit green, long mandarin mustache, dressed in layered ancient styled Chinese robes. His arms held out with fingers splayed we see the books and the maps and loose paperwork flying quickly towards him and two more of his ninja thugs.

In the chaos of the fight this is missed by heroes until they hear his voice, “Quickly now, I have the materials. Slow them down! And Dr. Wetmore, thank you for your assistance in this endeavor!”

He lets loose a cackle as light shines into the room and he and another few dark shapes zip away.

The remaining ninjas are knocked out in the moments to come.

Dr. Wetmore stands up groggily from a knee and props himself against the wall.
“That man... he was in my mind. He knows what we know. Quickly now you must get to the Concordance Airfield. I had a pilot on retainer prepping for tonight’s flight. If you don’t get there first or stop this -this- thief(!) he will be days ahead of you in getting to the Eye! Quickly now Alex, you must go! I’ll call for a fire brigade, but you must hurry now!”

As you all rush from the archives we see Dr. Wetmore in the flicker of the flames begin ringing from a rotary phone as smoke begins to fill the room.

Upstairs and through the halls you fight shadowy figures that seemingly appear from nowhere until finally you emerge onto the snowy and cold night.

A car peels out cutting through what traffic is on the streets. A masked figure pops through a window and red metallic throwing stars *ting* off the concrete around you.

Nearby along the curb Alex’s car sits.

OOC: Rolled for RocknRoll to keep things moving,
Shooting: 1d8o8-1 5 1d6o6-1 1

(( Didn’t see the edit! Sorry! Feel free to try to Soak it, or just stick with the 1 Wound, your call! ))

So we have,
Alex 3 bennies, 1 Wound
Chaka 2 bennies, 0 Wounds
Doc Gold 2 bennies, 1 Wound
Joey 4 bennies, 0 Wounds
Theo 3 bennies, 0 Wounds, 10 pp

Tune in later as our heroes pick up the chase after Zhang Wu Fang, that ‘Shanghai Shyster’, through the snowy streets of New York City!... and now a word from our sponsors!...

Last edited:

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Great Mancini

"Curse that man! His sorcery is beyond anything I've ever accomplished, but he's also an unmitigated villain!"

He throws open one door of the roadster, and gestures for the rest of the crew to get in. "Come on, we haven't a moment to lose."

Top Bottom