• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[SWADE] IC - The Eye of Kilquato

(BlackGoblin)

Registered User
Validated User
With a respect for life at an early age, it's not even a choice of permanently injuring the man who hit Alex. Flipping the spear Chaka lunges forward jabbing the thug in the ribs with the butt end of the spear knocking the wind from the man's lungs. Twirling the spear overhead, Chaka brings it back down one more time to the back of the pirate thugs head, knocking him down to sprawl out on the dirt and grass floor.

Without a second glance, Chaka extends the end of the spear out over the water to help pull Alex back up onto dry land. “We must hurry.” It's all Chaka says before running back to the boat.
 
Last edited:

RocknRollFTW

Registered User
Validated User
Alexander sways on his feet, one hand on his head as it swims from the clocking he got from the goon. "R-Right." His eyes widen in sudden realization as his thoughts clear more. "The Engine! Have to destroy it... or these guys will track us down!" Alex starts to move towards the back of the boat, where the engine should be, but then he stumbles, grabbing at his head in pain.
OOC: Spirit Roll: 1d6o6 3
Wild Die: 1d6o6 2
All my luck apparently went into that Stealth roll awhile ago. Not the most recent one.
 

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
Chaka,
You’re halfway back to Jose’s boat when you hear Alex cry out “The Engine! We have to destroy it!...”.

The outburst causes you to turn in time to see Alex make for the back of the boat where there was steps down into it. You also see him stumble and hold his head and give it a shake.

What do you do?

Theo, Joey, and Doc Gold,
Chaka is running forward towards you guys as you’re on Jose’s boat. He’s got it fired up and his ready to go. He looks *real* anxious.

Then Alex hollers about the pirates’ boat. Chaka pauses to turn.

What do you do?
 

(BlackGoblin)

Registered User
Validated User
Chaka
Benny:4
W0/F0


At hearing Alex, Chaka turns to see him clutching his head and saying something about destroying their engine. Not really knowing how to do something clever like cut the spark plug wire he gives it his best shot by taking a wack at it literally by trying to stab the gas tank with his spear!



OOC: Common knowledge (-2 clueless): 1d6o6-2 1 1d6o6-2 3
Wild attack: 1d8o8 5 1d6o6 2 +2 for wild
Wild damage to stationary object: 1d8+2 3 1d6+2 6 forgot to add together
2nd Wild attack: 1d8o8+2 12 1d6o6+2 3
2nd Wild attack dmg: 1d8+2+1d6+2 7
 
Last edited:

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Theo

Theo addresses Jose. "Be calm. My friends are very strong. The river pirates will not get past them, nor will they be able to pursue once my friends finish their engine off."
 

RocknRollFTW

Registered User
Validated User
"That won't work..." Alex breathes out in response to Chaka's attempts to end the enemy's engine. Slowly and laboriously, he removes the water canister from his back and sets it down in front of him. "Fill the gas tank with this. Water and Oil don't mix, the Oil floats on top, and the fuel lines just get water."
OOC: Everything I've done so far should be free actions. GM, let me know if I'm doing too much stuff for a single turn.
 

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
OOC:
Everything I've done so far should be free actions. GM, let me know if I'm doing too much stuff for a single turn.
You guys are doing fine. This is sort of out of combat now. More of a narrative timing thing.

Will post up later.
 

Rowenn552

Registered User
Validated User
Theo,
Jose seems to calm, “Ok ok. Manny and his men are tough customers though...”, he lets that sentence hang as he gets back to his controls.

You can see his fingers tapping agitatedly on the wheel.

Alex,
Your ears are still ringing from that blow when Chaka arrives leaping back onto the boat. He rushes down belowdecks and you can hear a whole racket going on.

When you stumble down with the can of water in hand you can see the ape-boy just thrashing everything impotently with his spear. He seems to focus most of his efforts on the actual tank surprisingly but the metal is just too strong for his wooden spear to puncture.

You offer over the can with advice on what to do.
You suspect time is running short though until the pirates return.

Chaka,
All of this metal! Everything looks the same!

*Smack!* *Crash!* *Thwack!*

But nothing gives. You’re breathing heavy and feeling frustrated when Alex arrives and hands over the big metal can explaining what will happen.

A simple twist of the cap and tilt of the heavy canister and the job is done.
Huh, pretty easy to bring down a big metal contraption.

You help Alex back above deck to the sounds of men shouting in their strange language. Six of them can be seen running forward through the streets towards you. The big guy is in the front and looks really angry.

Better get out of here!

******

Theo, Joey, and Doc Gold,
You begin to hear shouting from somewhere out of sight when Alex and Chaka emerge back on deck.

Joey you can understand what’s being said, “That’s them boss! They knocked out Olly and were going to mess with the Amazonia!”

Another voice you recognize as Manny’s says, “Yeah well you useless fools should have stopped them!”

Then the original voice yelps, “Ow!”

OOC: Alex you’re moving slow, Chaka you’re helping him along but this group of pirates is moving fast.

Alex needs to make an Athletics check at -2 while Chaka will be making and Athletics check to Support Alex’s roll.

[[Note: If Alex soaks the original Wounds then you guys will be able to make it to Jose’s boat no problem.]]
 

(BlackGoblin)

Registered User
Validated User
Chaka
Bennie's:5
W0/F0


After pouring the water into the tank, Chaka half supports and half drags Alex back to the other boat to escape the impending doom.

OOC: Athletics: 1d8o8 6 1d6o6 10
 

JohnStargazer

Registered User
Validated User
Joey Howe
Bennies:
5
W0/F0

Popping his head up out of the boat, Joey looks in the direction of the voices and starts shouting in his surprisingly good spanish towards the pirates, hoping to anger their leader further and cause him to take it out on his men.

"<You pirates are not very intelligent individuals! I find you personally unpleasant, and question your choice of livelihood! Your mother famously engages in a form of employment that is considered inappropriate for a woman to engage in!>"


OOC:
Sheesh, the lame put-downs were originally another joke about censoring what Joey's really saying, but with rolls like these? It may be a word for word translation.
Taunt Roll: 1d8o8 2 1d6o6 4
Taunting the Enemy - With a Benny: 1d8o8 3 1d6o6 3
 
Top Bottom