Terran Trade Authority RPG Coming!

Phalanx

Rocket Scientist
According to http://www.bisbos.com/rocketscience/tta/index.html,

After 20 years of waiting, I'm pleased to announce that the TTA is to resurrected.

News Update 16 Feb 2006: It's now confirmed that the new, updated TTA book should be in the shops in June 2006, with the RPG to follow in the summer. The new book will expand on the original, with a more cohesive backstory and timeline of the Proxima War along with more details on who and what the Proximan's and Alphans are. The new book and RPG will be published by Morrigan Press, makers of quality Role Playing Games.

News Update Jan 2006: Coming later this year, there will be a Revised "Spacecraft" book, and also a Role Playing Game so you can experience the TTA universe at first hand. I can't go into detail at this time, but I can confirm that the future of the TTA is now in the hands of dedicated enthusiasts, who love these books as much as we all do.

If you'd like to be notified of updates as the project progresses, just email me at tta@bisbos.com and I'll send updates as I have them.
This is so freaking sweet. Definitely on my "must have" list for this summer.

Anatosuchus

Definitely not the Antichrist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wow, that takes me back. I still have a couple of the books stashed away at my parents' house I think. This will, as you say, be really sweet.

Please, God, don't let them d20 it...

Wil

Rivetgeek
Validated User
That is so freaking cool...I wonder what the ship stats are going to be like, or if there's going to be a design system. Until they were lost or stolen from the public library when I was in grade school, I used to sit for hours with those books, tracing the pictures, drawing my own and making up little stories. Also, one of my Pet Projects That Never Gets Started has been to stat up the Homeworld/Homeworld 2 ships in SilCore but i they work better in an official TTA rpg I'd use that instead.

Wil

Rivetgeek
Validated User
Thunder_God said:
I never heard of this.

Only using nostalgia as a lure isn't going to get you far.
I don't know, WoTC might have something to say about that.

In this case, the books are classics of 70s science fiction - a hodgepodge of art from various artists who had a very similar style. That art, from novels as well as covers to magazines like Analog, helped define my aesthetic tastes in science fiction. Hell, Traveller drew from some of this stuff (in fact, I believe some of the GURPS Traveller books use that style of art, if not the actual art) as well as cover art for games like Silent Death. The Homeworld and Homeworld 2 PC games are blatant homages to the style seen in the TTA books.

So, no, just "nostalgia" will not get you far bit this is a bit more than that.

Paul B

Plain English or Death
Validated User
Holy shit that's awesome. Tons and TONS of visual materials and vague backstory to build a game from.

My very VERY first non-D&D game was...a TTA game. Seriously. I was in 6th grade and I'd been playing D&D for a year. I traded for a copy of Gamma World (can't remember what, maybe one of the small-box Car Wars games) but I didn't immediately cotton to the mutant-freaks vibe of the game. But I had all three of the original TTA book (Spacecraft, Great Space Battles and the third one...something about wreckage). So we created a whole sci-fi game around acquiring and flying the TTA ships and doing battle against the Alpha Centaurans, or whomever the aliens were who flew the weird bug-looking ships.

I'm getting this even if I never play it. How awesome.

p.

Paul B

Plain English or Death
Validated User
Thunder_God said:
I never heard of this.

Only using nostalgia as a lure isn't going to get you far.
Of course it does: D&D, any license that's more than 5 years old... :rolleyes:

If you were a little gamer geek in the late '70s/early '80s, the TTA was almost unavoidable. This is an excellent choice of license, probably cheap to boot.

p.

Top Bottom