• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Terran Trade Authority RPG Coming!

Hatrax

Indecipherable Scrawler
Phalanx said:
As for the TTA news, I think that's fucking awesome. Cowley is back in the game and loves it. That's too awesome for words.
I'm hoping that Mr. Cowley will come to some conventions with us next summer and reclaim his place in the SF pantheon...
Spacecraft is back at the printers, and I'm hard at work on equipment and devices for the RPG. Anyone have any suggestions for TTA gadgetry?
 

Phalanx

Rocket Scientist
Hatrax said:
I'm hoping that Mr. Cowley will come to some conventions with us next summer and reclaim his place in the SF pantheon...
Spacecraft is back at the printers, and I'm hard at work on equipment and devices for the RPG. Anyone have any suggestions for TTA gadgetry?
They need an ansible! Some sort of FTL communications array.
 

Dan Davenport

Hardboiled GMshoe
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hatrax said:
I'm hoping that Mr. Cowley will come to some conventions with us next summer and reclaim his place in the SF pantheon...
Spacecraft is back at the printers, and I'm hard at work on equipment and devices for the RPG. Anyone have any suggestions for TTA gadgetry?
Just make man-portable energy weapons seem cool again. :)
 

the_seraph

Writer-Monk
Validated User
Hatrax said:
I'm hoping that Mr. Cowley will come to some conventions with us next summer and reclaim his place in the SF pantheon...
Spacecraft is back at the printers, and I'm hard at work on equipment and devices for the RPG. Anyone have any suggestions for TTA gadgetry?
Is this solely Terran gadgetry?

If not I'd include a few things from the other civilizations, but couch them as unable to be reverse engineered, strange almost even mystical in some ways.

Heck, there's enough stuff in our current scientific body of knowledge (theory) that would seem magical to most lay-people (assuming lay-people around here bothered to be interested that is).
 

the_seraph

Writer-Monk
Validated User
Hatrax said:
Anything you like. I'll do what I can to get it to fit into a Terran, Alphan, or Proximan setting.
Hmm...

Really, in all honesty, I'd prefer to see say 80% Terran, with the remaining 20% divided between the other two - at least for the time being. I'd rather have the Alphans and Proximans stay as much of a mystery for as long as possible.
 

The Fiendish Dr. Samsara

The elegant assassin
Validated User
Crikey! I'm another one who just realized what you guys are talking about! I've been ignoring this thread for months, assuming it was about some computer game or card game or something the kids play.

Holy Moses, was I wrong. I can't wait to see the new Spaceship book and the game. Keen.
 

the_seraph

Writer-Monk
Validated User
The Fiendish Dr. Samsara said:
Crikey! I'm another one who just realized what you guys are talking about! I've been ignoring this thread for months, assuming it was about some computer game or card game or something the kids play.

Holy Moses, was I wrong. I can't wait to see the new Spaceship book and the game. Keen.
Where have you been, Doc? I'da thought you'd been in on this long ago...
 

Hatrax

Indecipherable Scrawler
the_seraph said:
Really, in all honesty, I'd prefer to see say 80% Terran, with the remaining 20% divided between the other two - at least for the time being. I'd rather have the Alphans and Proximans stay as much of a mystery for as long as possible.
I tend to agree... only because the Alphans and Proximans have similar tech levels and there will be a lot of overlap, with some species-specific equipment.

As far as keeping the Alphans and Proximans a mystery... unfortunately or not, the secret is out in July. It would be exceptionally problematic to make a RPG system where one side has been earth's allies for four decades, fighting another alien race for two decades, and have them remain too "mysterious"... (Yes, sir... fought alongside the Alphans in the ground engagement for the past three years. Never did get a real good look at 'em, though... ;-)) That's not to say that every little thing is going to be expounded upon or explained, but some concrete rules and stats need to be set down. On the other hand, as I've mentioned before, the mystery will come in the form of personal interactions and customization. The aliens do not all look alike, think alike, or act alike... so unlike, say, Klingons, you can't predict what they'll be like based on their race, any more than you can count on what any partucular human off the street will do beyond the obvious- run from danger, get mad if you dump a can of Spaghetti-Os on their head, etc.
 
Top Bottom