[TFT] The Traveller Trip

Galadrin

Validated User
After a week of labouring on it, The Traveller Trip is ready for general consumption. Steve Jackson's The Fantasy Trip (Metagaming 1978-1980) was a contemporary to Marc Miller's Traveller role-playing game (GDW 1977) back in the late 1970's. Both games were coming to define and explore what a role-playing game was, whether through fantasy or science-fiction. The Fantasy Trip eventually evolved into the much better known GURPS role-playing game in the 1980's, and eventually a much-beloved version of Traveller was ported to GURPS.

The Traveller Trip attempts to answer the question, "what if that had happened sooner?" Using the original TFT rules, as organized and edited in C.R. Brandon's excellent Heroes & Other Worlds retro-clone, The Traveller Trip explores what a TFT Traveller might have been. Hence, the name, The Traveller Trip.

It's just for fun. Let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4f7u9h01nzf3jj/T3.pdf

Last edited:

Black Vulmea

Really bad egg
Validated User
Let me know what you think.
I think you should host it someplace where I don't have to jump through three flaming hoops to download it.

I'd love to recommend this to people, but I don't like file share sites filled with click-bait.

Glyptodont

此时此地
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is something I definitely would love to see since the 2 first RPGs I ever played were Traveller & The Fantasy Trip. But you might want to host it somewhere more accessible. It appears that it can't be downloaded from 4shared without linking it to your other social media/email accounts.

Galadrin

Validated User
I'll be adding one final section in the future to cover referee advice (I'm thinking this will have rules for gaining experience, designing ships beyond Class III, maybe some planet-generator tables). Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Glyptodont

此时此地
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just had a quick glance-through and this looks terrific. In hindsight, it's really surprising that Metagaming never made their own TFT-based science fiction game.

A planet generator would be nice, but then the classic Traveller generator could simply be dropped in without a problem. Have you thought about a Traveller-style life path character creator? Though that would be a lot of work to take on, I realize.

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I love TFT. I'll definitely take a look at this and get you some feedback later.

Private Eye

Private Eye
Validated User
This looks amazing! I'm a big fan of Traveller and TFT (I have the full set). This is going to get some serious reading time form me

Top Bottom