Thank you, Rurik

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I was reminded by a Glorantha thread how much I owe Rurik.

He taught me the rules of Runequest (2e) step by step. It was the first time I had ever had a game explained to me by the experiences of a starting character. I don't think I have seen that done as well since.

Nihtgenga

Actually likes daylight
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Don't forget Biturian Varosh! His travels helped explain Prax to me!
He was also a good example of how to have adventures outside of a dungeon. Why be caravan guards when you can be the merchant.

Rupert

Validated User
I was reminded by a Glorantha thread how much I owe Rurik.

He taught me the rules of Runequest (2e) step by step. It was the first time I had ever had a game explained to me by the experiences of a starting character. I don't think I have seen that done as well since.
He also showed how combats don't have to be to the death. "My ransom is three thousand silver Guilders!"

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
He also showed how combats don't have to be to the death. "My ransom is three thousand silver Guilders!"
Goodness, yes. That is a combat example I had never seen before. It was a fight with trolls too. I have found myself in many games since wondering why both players and sentient monsters seem to be so suicidally fanatical.

21st Century Moose

Validated User
He was also a good example of how to have adventures outside of a dungeon. Why be caravan guards when you can be the merchant.
...and a primarily non-combat character too. Because not every adventurer need be a killing machine, and it's perfectly possible to have satisfying and rewarding adventures without being a killing machine.

Top Bottom