• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

💀 Necro The 7th Continent (now a playthrough; spoilers after post 15)

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I know some people here expressed interest in The 7th Continent when boxes started showing up a month or two ago. Unfortunately, it was pretty much a "Kickstarter only" print run.

However, the second KS just went up:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1926712971/the-7th-continent-what-goes-up-must-come-down/description

This adds underground caverns and hot air balloon travel/sky spaces, along with 2 new curses.

I've been considering posting a playthrough of maybe the first few turns of one of the curses; I've just held off because basically the entire game is about exploration and discovery, and so spoiling that kind of stuff seemed like a bad idea. Still, if there are people who are on the fence and would be interested, I could probably manage to swing it.

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
Re: The 7th Continent (second go around)

I also backed the first kickstarter, and I'm hoping to try out the game sometime soon - personal life things have prevented me from giving it a try. I happily backed the new kickstarter as a veteran.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User

This looks exceedingly interesting. I missed the first, and had only heard of the game in passing, but it has my attention. A playthrough sounds good to me.

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

This looks exceedingly interesting. I missed the first, and had only heard of the game in passing, but it has my attention. A playthrough sounds good to me.
I'll try to put together something as soon as I'm not really, really sick. I don't want to go too deep into it, since again, I don't want to spoil too much, but I could probably swing a little bit of the start of one of the curses.

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User

Played the game at a friend's house last Saturday for hours and hours and hours. Now I'm currently winning an ebay auction for the 1st edition explorer's pledge, and am backing the KS for the Veteran level ... :)

Crothian

Validated User

I'm on the fence on this one. It certainly looks interesting but so far I haven't gotten a good grasp of the game as people are doing a great job of avoiding spoilers. I think I need to find some spoilers for the game to get a better feel.

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I asked the developers, and they gave me the go-ahead to post some stuff, so I'll see about getting that play through started shortly.

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Okay, so, first up: the core game comes with four different curses: The Voracious Goddess, The Bloody Hunt, An Offering to the Guardians, and The Dark Chest of the Damned. Additionally, I have the three expansions that each come with one new curse: The Forbidden Sancutary, Swamp of Madness, and The Icy Maze.

Each curse has different victory conditions and a different starting location.

So, for the folks who'll be following along: which curse are we going with?

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User

Is one of them recommended as a starter scenario?

It's probably worth noting that the original kickstarter has a link to a free downloadable print-and-play mini demo scenario. I haven't tried it yet only because I'm in a Vegas hotel at the moment. ^.^

Top Bottom