• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Black Widow excitement thread

SunlessNick

Mildly Darkened One
Validated User
I hope Julie Delpy has at least a cameo as her trainer character.
I always thought she was a rather big name to cast if they weren't looking to revisit that character.
Not sure titling the thread for the one female solo-led film in Phase 2 in a way that suggests the excitement is mostly for the villain is the best idea
I was looking for a way to say that, yes.

I am looking forward to Nat getting her own film at last. I am pleased that it's apparently set shortly after Civil War, because I thought that was a good time for a film exploring her past and present. I am pleased that it looks like she won't be sharing the screen with any other Avengers. And I'm pleased to have Rachel Weisz and Florence Pugh in it.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hmmm...
Cutting out the Marflix corner of the universe does limit Tasky's repertoire a bit:
We've got Cap for Shield flinting, Hawkeye for Archery, A lot of people for CQC.
Spidey for Acrobatics, but his other mainstay (Daredevil) will probably not be referred too referred to.
Due to Clint's background change (or at least probable background change as we still don't much about him) neither he nor Swordsman will be up for Swordmanship.
Franks usually than one mention for Marksmanship, but again Marflix.
Hand and Elektra are mentions for stealth, but... well see above.

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It'd be impossible to make Taskmaster's original gloriously ridiculous get-up work in real life, which is a shame because it looks cool in the comics. Not really feeling the vaugely skull-ish mask with goggles look. The style of mask on the UDON costume would have been a better take, IMO.

Hunter

Validated User
I am looking forward to Nat getting her own film at last. I am pleased that it's apparently set shortly after Civil War, because I thought that was a good time for a film exploring her past and present. I am pleased that it looks like she won't be sharing the screen with any other Avengers. And I'm pleased to have Rachel Weisz and Florence Pugh in it.
Put me down for all this, plus I want to see Natasha get out of the freaking Soul Stone and do more movies or TV shows!

austenandrews

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Cutting out the Marflix corner of the universe does limit Tasky's repertoire a bit:
Nothing says we have to rule it out. I can imagine a scene where he's preparing for a mission by watching a bunch of monitors with videos of supers fighting. In the background you get Black Widow on one monitor, Hawkeye on another, Captain America, Spider-Man, etc. In the mix is random surveillance footage of Daredevil & Elektra, the Punisher, an Iron Fist, maybe Bullseye. You could throw in video of Quake. It'd be a sweet easter egg.

Put me down for all this, plus I want to see Natasha get out of the freaking Soul Stone and do more movies or TV shows!
I'm torn. On the one hand, a movie set inside the Soul Stone sounds uber cheesy. On the other hand, I'd love to see the Black Widow back in the thick of things. Give her a dang title series already. So on balance, I can go either way.

JoeNotCharles

Validated User
Why did autocorrect do that? Taskmaster is a perfectly legitimate word! More common than postmaster in daily speech, I'd guess!

Mr. Kent

The Oh Em Gee
Validated User
Depending on timeframe, maybe Tasky could just watch the airport security footage from Civil War on loop :D Lots of good moves to snatch there

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I'm not sure that I want to see some sort of "grab Nat from the Soul Stone" mostly because it has annoying implications for the status quo (emphatically not a fan of the revolving door of death, and I think the MCU needs to keep transitioning into new main characters), but I think there could be some really interesting ground if they want to draw characters from her past into the present. Maybe Yelena gets whatever anti-aging treatment Natasha had and does a heel-face turn, adopting the Black Widow moniker?

Top Bottom