• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Boys - new superhero show from Amazon

AegonTheUnready

Friend to kittens everywhere
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Apologies if this has been mentioned before
The Boys takes place in "a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame" and "revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty."

What does other Media think?

Leif

Mountain Ape
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Welp, I read the whole run of the original comics and I'm going to be interested to see if they make everyone as big bastards here.

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
Its been ages since I read the comics, but my recollection is that they were really rapey. like the number of characters who were either rapists, rape victims and/or motivated to avenge a rape was bizarrely high. the basic premise of "the expy justice league (and teen titans and spider-man and other heroes) are as selfish and shitty as real world celebrities so the CIA creates a black ops team to keep them in check" isn't a bad one, but the specifics just felt cartoonishly edgy and juvenile a lot of the time.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Huh. So the supervillains are actually better people than our heroes?
The Superheroes are not protagonists, as far as I understand. Two ex-military guys who take care of superheroes and villain are the protagonist.
Ennis hates superheroes (except for Superman) and loves soldiers. But he often hired to write superheroes so her writes comics about how Superheroes are bastards and ex-military guy are so much better the them (Punisher, Kev, The Boys).

I think the only reason he was allowed to made Spidey, Logan and Daredevil bastards with personality issues is because Marvel wouldn't let him.

Top Bottom